Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which is better? Your thoughts, reflections.............. BlackBerry Storm forum

skyls2000 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Slacker or Flycast?

Advertisement

Which is better? Your thoughts, reflections...........

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have both and like FlyCast better. I have only played Slacker once since it's a streaming radio app. Really didn't have the radio stations I thought it would have but maybe they will be added later. I'll keep it but it's been hidden on my 8120 for now.

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874
    i prefer flycast......its alot faster...........slacker hogs up my berry and takes a long time to load.......

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I have no choice. Slacker is not available to anyone outside the US

gntman no está en línea Stack level 1
    I prefer Slacker. I can have programmed my own radio stations and the music can be cached to the SD card allowing for better music streaming and no need for a data connection (which also drains the battery).

rcd213 no está en línea Stack level 2
    For me slacker is exponentially better than flycast. I'm using an 8330 on VZW. I've had flycast since it initially was released and it works for me properly intermittently. Nobex is much better than Flycast, at least on my berry. Slacker has been a pleasure to use. It works flawlessly with no skipping thus far. I also have a iPod Touch with Pandora on it and this is much more comparable to that rather than flycast, mainly because you can enter any artist and you'll hear similar music. Not to mention you can Cache it, for later playing when your out of cell area service. By far Slacker is the best on my berry, however Pandora has a slightly better algorithm for finding similar artists. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bradley1972 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31C040A4
    I like Slacker. Flycast is tempermental and the buffering issues are annoying. Slacker buffers a bit but nothing like Flycast.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Slacker on the storm is a great app... as others have stated, the cached station option is really useful - I love this application. It is not meant to pick up stations that exist already - its more of a pandora, where you make your own station and it does a good job like pandora at finding similar artists. Try out both of them and if you use them both to their fullest potential, you will like slacker better on your storm! The only thing I dont like so far is how close and small the favorite and ban icons are... sometimes I hit the ban instead of favorite ;/

PIN/ID
    AskMe

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have never been able to get Flycast to work on my 8330. The stream never plays for more than 30-45 seconds before stopping and buffering for another 30 seconds. I have no buffering issues with Slacker, NobexRC, BerryTunes for radio and podcasts, Moodio...they all work great.....flycast

I really like some of the options on Slacker
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

sorry but this is an area where ive not bothered going becuase i thought i couldnt do it so its basically an app that lets you listen to your local radio stations through your BB?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    It's an app that lets you build your own stations depending on artist and/or genre. www.slacker.com/mobile/blackberry

skyls2000 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thank you all for your invaluable feed back to my generically vague question. That’s what happens when I post from the bar.

I currently have both Flycast and Slacker and am still undecided. On one hand you have Flycast, a great app for streaming live radio, but with it comes the inherent problems of streaming live radio (buffering, BW hogging…).

On the other hand you have Slacker. Looks beautiful, works well, particularly, the caching feature as many have noted above. However, I feel it presents the same problem I find with an MP3 collection. It is merely a stagnant cesspool of my own creation. All tracks/artists have been chosen by me at some point or another, therefore not exposing me to new music. I’ve only been tooling around with Flycast for less than a week. My hope is that I haven’t given it enough time to develop a feel for my listening habits, and it will get better with time. Your thoughts?

Enter Sirius radio. Initially I loved it and streamed it on my BB via the Orb/Usirius method (if anyone knows a better method, I’m all ears). I’ve had Sirius in my car for quite some time and initially liked its familiarity. However, I found the sound quality and reliability spotty, and quickly grew tired of it.

I will most likely stick with Slacker for now, in anticipation that it will get better with time.
    Thanks again.

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    i always liked FlyCast ^_^

gots2beme no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've tried moodio, flycast, slacker, and nobex radio companion. For me personally nobex radio companion has been the best simply because it works best on my phone. I was really excited about slacker and I love some of the things it can do but its just too sluggish on my 8310 right now. Maybe I'll come back to it after a newer version comes out and see if that resolves the problem. For now, I'm sticking with nobex radio companion as long as its free.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast