My Storm personally is running smooth and we are in love lol. How ever a ... BlackBerry Storm forum

Mdeghym no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    306811da

Sim Card Failure

Advertisement

My Storm personally is running smooth and we are in love lol. How ever a coworker of mines has the message sim card failure or something to that affect continually displayed on his screen. any ideas?
    The soul of the Nietzscheans is this:
    We are arrogant. We are vain.
    We are manipulative. We are selfish.
    And we love our children.

-- Drago Musevini, "Primary Reflections", CY 8428

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    goto manage connections>mobile network options> network technology to 1XEV - you dont need GSM anyway, unless you are traveling out of the country and then if you call verizon and get it registered, it should work

PIN/ID
    306811da
    sim card rejected thats what it says.

PIN/ID
    306811da
    Quote Originally Posted by dean0uga View Post
    goto manage connections>mobile network options> network technology to 1XEV - you dont need GSM anyway, unless you are traveling out of the country and then if you call verizon and get it registered, it should work
    Thanks I'll tell him to give it a shot.

e-berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    hi.. well i did a little research and i found the following link. check it out becuase my girlfriend had the same issue with her storm.. it kept popping out so i tried one of these fixes. try the fix on the last post on page 2.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ejected-94605/

well... lol i guess i was late on my response. i didn't see anything here except for the OP.. sheesh my work network is still slow.
    Last edited by e-berry; 12-22-2008 at 10:55 AM. Reason: little late on my response
    --
    More than meets the eye.

PIN/ID
    306811da
    Thanks.

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    had same problem. Verizon had me remove sim and put back in again. Never had the problem again. Also, unless your activating world service keep mobile network to 1XEV only and not global.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    The trick of going on 1XEV only is not a good fix i find.
    Here's why : so youre doing this, your SIM card reader on the phone might actually be defective and youre basically dismissing that idea (or is it just a software problem ?).
    So be it.
    Now lets say in 2 months you decide to go overseas, get your phone unlocked and get a foreign pay as you go sim card.
    Pop it in the phone : "sim card rejected".
    What do you do then ? call for a "in one year warranty" exchange you get a refurbished unit.

What COULD you have done ? took advantage of the 30days over the counter exchange for a NEW unit that doesnt have that defect.

Just my 2 cents ...

e-berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ranxoren loves that 30 days exchange. lol.. and you know what i did it! I'm so much happier now from the front housing issue my first storm had...

also he is right you can't dismiss the fact that it could be a defective sim card reader..
    and on second thought i will try a few things with my girlfriends storm just to make sure that isn't the case for her. but i'm not sure how to go about doing that. perhaps i can switch my sim card with hers and see if we still get that "sim card rejected" message.
    --
    More than meets the eye.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by e-berry View Post
    ranxoren loves that 30 days exchange. lol.. and you know what i did it! I'm so much happier now from the front housing issue my first storm had...

also he is right you can't dismiss the fact that it could be a defective sim card reader..
    and on second thought i will try a few things with my girlfriends storm just to make sure that isn't the case for her. but i'm not sure how to go about doing that. perhaps i can switch my sim card with hers and see if we still get that "sim card rejected" message.
    Well i do lol I mean why wouldnt you take advantage of it ?!

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    if you remove the SIM though then put it back and leave it on Global...you will know because if the SIM CARD REJECTED error disappears then you're good to go. I agree though, just turning it to 1XEV isnt a good fix if you plan on leaving the country.