Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I really want to get the storm, however I'm on tmobile. Now, they just came ... BlackBerry Storm forum

melgr702 no está en línea Stack level 3

Should I Switch to the Storm/VZW

Advertisement

I really want to get the storm, however I'm on tmobile.
    Now, they just came out with the new curve 8900.
    I'm still in contract so it would cost $250 to cancel if I moved to verizon.

Is verizons service much better? I know on tmo I get a lot of dropped calls.
    Tmo is cheaper monthly, but I would get a small discount on verizon because they offer a discount for my job.

Those who have the storm, how is? What do you love about it? And would it be worth it?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    it might cost you a little more but i would try verizon out for a month before i canceled out tmo. that way you could see which service is better in your area. you can't go wrong with either of those phones. your sig says you already have an 8900??? do you?

also check with verizon before you try it out to see if you can cancel without penalty if you're not satisfied.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

melgr702 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had the 8900 for about a week but had to retunr it for certain reasons. But it was a great phone! I'm just curious about the storm. I need to change my sig. Thanks!

About the trying verizon, I have to carry my phone number over. I can't loose it. So if I try verizon and don't like it and want to cancel what will happen to my phone number because if I transfer my phone number won't tmo cancel my account?

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by melgr702 View Post
    I had the 8900 for about a week but had to retunr it for certain reasons. But it was a great phone! I'm just curious about the storm. I need to change my sig. Thanks!

About the trying verizon, I have to carry my phone number over. I can't loose it. So if I try verizon and don't like it and want to cancel what will happen to my phone number because if I transfer my phone number won't tmo cancel my account?
    good question.give your local verizon store a call and ask them about that. i'm sure they will bend over backwards to try to steal your business.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

s.siegers no está en línea Stack level 2
    I made the switch from tmo to vzw. I was using a 8320 and just had to get my hands on the storm...=). My experience so far has been great, minor issues with the phone on the official os but an upgrade to the bbcrackman's hybrid solves this! The storm rocks, I like it a lot and my wife is always on my case to put it down...lol. I've had it since Jan. Service wise as in coverage is superb, literally I get 3g speeds everywhere. Browsing the net is not problem here and its fast. I too have the company discount which is nice!

I say do it as you won't be disappointed.

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    They will transfer it for you.
    Personally, I won't leave Verizon. Thy are just too dang good.
    If you have good VZW there, I wouldn't think twice.
    But do as cat says, and try it 1st.
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I would say try Verizon and see. I work for Verizon landline but I have T-Mobile service and the 8900 and couldn't be happier. My brother has an unlocked Verizon storm on T-Mobile and likes it. It all comes down to personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by li2327 View Post
    I would say try Verizon and see. I work for Verizon landline but I have T-Mobile service and the 8900 and couldn't be happier. My brother has an unlocked Verizon storm on T-Mobile and likes it. It all comes down to personal preference.
    Now that's very interesting!

Any particular reason working for 1 co, and using another?
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

riffman no está en línea Stack Professional
    I just got done migrating a whole set of met life offices over from one network to another, and while there noticed that every sales person had been put onto a storm with verizon- of approximately 55 sales people spread amongst 3 offices, NOT ONE said he/she liked it- they all wished they still had their curves, bolds, whatever- Chris
    Samsung Vibrant, OS2.1
    " I do many things well- none of which generate income"
    - riffman

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I have T-Mobile because they have better prices and I like T-Mobile service.

Thanks for the reply li2327!

I don't like VZW's prices, but I have had Verizon ever since they got into the landline business.
    And I have NEVER had to have support the whole time that I have been with them.

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    Don't do it!!!! Storm is buggy... Although getting better. 8900 is very good but!! Verizon is coming out with the 9630 which is supposedly the best bb ever. And its heading to verizon near May (supposedly). So I would wait for that. I might make the switch to verizon for that phone :O

Quote Originally Posted by lcgtr View Post
    Don't do it!!!! Storm is buggy... Although getting better. 8900 is very good but!! Verizon is coming out with the 9630 which is supposedly the best bb ever. And its heading to verizon near May (supposedly). So I would wait for that. I might make the switch to verizon for that phone :O
    That's what everyone always says. The best BB ever!
    The 9630 has some pretty low specs, and it's BB's newest world edition phone.
    I have the 8830WE til next month.
    All world edition phones are NOT multimedia friendly.

But feel free to check it out yourself and decide.
    These are just our opinions only.

jakaro no está en línea Stack level 3
    I love my storm. I don't have problems at all. I paid 175 to cancel att. Verizon network is so much faster

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    I have no problem with VZW but T-mobile has much better rates. I've had a chance to use the Storm. I didn't like it and would have returned it. I found it way too hard to type. I think my next BB will be the 8700.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast