Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've been using a Curve for only about two weeks. I just switched to Verizon, ... BlackBerry Storm forum

airin11 no está en línea Stack level 1

Should I switch to Storm?

Advertisement

I've been using a Curve for only about two weeks. I just switched to Verizon, and they were out of Storms at the time. I have 30 days with the Curve and then can switch to another phone if I want to. I've heard about some of the problems with the Storm, but it looks so cool!

Former curve users, what do you miss with the Storm?
    Whats features are better now with the storm?
    How's the battery life? (I had a razor before, so I'm ecstatic to go more than a day without recharging)

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions!!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    There are far too many differences between a Curve and a Storm to sum up here. However I will say this, as the owner of both, it truly depends on how you are going to use it. If you like to text, handle emails, your schedule, tasks and notes, the Curve is far superior. There is simply no substitute for a good BlackBerry keyboard and the Curve has one of the finest. If however on the other hand, you want an entertainment device, and do very little texting or email, then you may want to explore a Storm. Just remember that much like the iPhone, trying to use it as a communications device is going to be very limiting as compared to a BlackBerry Curve.

That's my take.

Oh.. and by the way I sold mine. A rare event, considering I have almost every BlackBerry that I've ever purchased. I simply had no use for it, nor did I ever think I would. Not even as a backup.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    well since archer 'ed it i will have to it. i guess i would be considered a medium user as far as text,email and communications go so if you are a heavy user maybe stick with the curve.anything lower than that i would go storm. do you want a workhorse or a "kool" phone?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    id have to say im a pretty avid texter... I send 1600 a month, so you can judge by that number, if I am mistaken, well then disregard these lines, haha... but I dont have much of a problem texting on the storm really at all.. the only thing i dont like is that the suretype has different arrangement of letters than im used to (im used to 1 is ABC -top middle, etc) so this also changes up the words that it could possibly be. The only other thing i dont like is in suretype(portrait) its hard to move back to a location - as pressing sometimes puts it in the wrong position, it would be cool if you could like click the screen and then swipe your finger to the left or right in a motion and it would move the cursor basically... I love the storm, even with its faults, but I also havent had a curve. Sorry for rambling, but this is just my two sense

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    well since archer 'ed it i will have to it. i guess i would be considered a medium user as far as text,email and communications go so if you are a heavy user maybe stick with the curve.anything lower than that i would go storm. do you want a workhorse or a "kool" phone?
    You have brought up some very valid points. Points that I agree with completely. In retrospect I failed to bring up just how importance usage patterns are in choosing a phone. I would consider myself a very heavy email user, and therefore not a good example as far as being in a position to enjoy a touch screen model like the Storm. And also in fairness, this model is a great combination of touch screen technology while still possessing the native features of a BlackBerry. In the relatively short period of time I had a Storm, I will say that the "fun factor" was high and that's nothing to be overlooked.

Cheers

hitdog042 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    You have brought up some very valid points. Points that I agree with completely. In retrospect I failed to bring up just how importance usage patterns are in choosing a phone. I would consider myself a very heavy email user, and therefore not a good example as far as being in a position to enjoy a touch screen model like the Storm. And also in fairness, this model is a great combination of touch screen technology while still possessing the native features of a BlackBerry. In the relatively short period of time I had a Storm, I will say that the "fun factor" was high and that's nothing to be overlooked.

Cheers
    Well, I think texting and email is easy using the pearl layout on the Storm. However that's all i can tell you. I am sending mine back because I have a faulty unit.

Rizzleman716 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C680E5
    It is totally up to you! You should explore the device yourself.. And then you should be sure. The above post are valid, but we can only tell you what you believe. I wanna see what your decesion(sp?) is!
    T-Mobile Pearl 8100>T-Mobile Curve 8320>T-Mobile Curve 8900>T-Mobile Bold 8900

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    Hmmm I also have the curve 8330 and I am a heavy texter/emailer lol. I have to say I hated suretype on my pearl with a passion. I think I'm going to have pass on the storm. I'm not a huge fan of touchscreen cause I have sausage fingers lol. Plus I have around 40 3rd party apps/games on my phone and am completely happy and satisfied with the curve. But at the same time I love getting "new" phones hehe. I just hate that when they finally come out with lots of games and apps and I hook up my phone, then another bb comes out!! Haha I hate that! But anywayz the 8330 is by far the greatest phone I have had thus far...

¤ Via Curvelicious ¤

dsw274 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    do not upgrade, wait you will be happy you did
    next gen storm will be worth waiting for , the old style blackberry were just better.
    i broke mine had to buy one out rite and saw that the price for a curve was 50dollors less then the storm, so i got the storm. now its got cool new features, but as far as the "blackberry" nah it don't cut it.

storm owner
    Last edited by dsw274; 12-11-2008 at 10:40 PM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I went from a Bold to a Flip to a Javelin to a Storm but i still alternate between phones.
    Right now im using the Storm and swear by it

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    I just got texts included in my plan, so before this phone I didn't text. Shocking I know. And I like checking my personal email on it, but I refuse to check work email. If work wants me checking my email that often, they can pay for the phone. So I think that makes me a light user for text and email.

How are the extra features the storm has? Like music, or ... I don't know what else it has.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    they are virtually the same phone.
    The only main difference for having both in my hands right now (and typing with my head lol :P) is that one has a touchscreen therefore huge screen real estate and the other one has a curve style keyboard.

Update: I got the storm and love it! I would say there aren't any differences between the curve and storm, besides the obvious (the screen). The storm just has that new cool gadget factor going for it.

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by airin11 View Post
    Update: I got the storm and love it! I would say there aren't any differences between the curve and storm, besides the obvious (the screen). The storm just has that new cool gadget factor going for it.
    Glad to here you got you one, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do and the others here on PinStack...
    -Josh

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Pinstack prevails in giving good advice !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast