Here's my deal/dilemma - Just went into a VZW store and played around with the ... BlackBerry Storm forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

Should I switch for the Storm?

Advertisement

Here's my deal/dilemma - Just went into a VZW store and played around with the Storm - VERY cool - The touch screen "clicks" - Awesome!

I'm with AT&T and currently pay, with discounted service, approx. $77 a month for 450 minutes, 1500 messages, 5000 nights and weekends, unlimited pda/blackberry plan. Not too shabby. Oh, and another $4 for phone insurance.

VZW would run me: $100 a month for: 450 minutes, unlimited nights/weekends/email/text/web browsing, $6 for phone insurance.

The difference monthly is about $22.

I can get out of ATT contract for free as well with no ET fee.

I absolutely LOVE the Storm and both carriers get excellent signals where I live - So would it be a "wise" decision to switch over because of the Storm or is that just a crazy idea - switching carriers for a device.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Crazy idea.

Go back to the store, pop your AT&T Sim into the Storm (if it is a world edition) and see if it works. If it does, go find a Storm on eBay or Craig's list

The fact that Verizon is CDMA would be the deal breaker for me.

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro
    probably right. but i would never ever ever buy any of these unlocked phones on eBay for hundreds..never. $199 is an awesome price and I would expect ebay, cl, tiger direct prices without contracts to be well over $500 - no way.

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well, though I've never experienced it, I've heard some bad things about at&t's customer service.
    I'm usually quite impressed VZW's service. If it's 22 bucks seperating the 2 maybe that will make a difference for you.

cballard26 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243512FF
    Well you can always get the storm through verizon and try it out for 30 days. if u love it stay with verizon and inport ur att number if not u can fall back on ur att service.

Erievon no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    The 9500 will come to AT&T eventually. And unlocked ones will start to become more common in the marketplace. That's a real nice rate you have on AT&T, Not sure I'd give that up.

Based on what you're paying, it's almost like your getting either your texts, or your BB service free.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I really don't see the point in switching carriers and extending a contract for a device. If the other carrier has a device that you really need, then perhaps. Otherwise, I just don't really get it.

But then again, that's just me and I'm often accused of being too practical!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Well $22 isn't bad considering you get unlimited Data and N & W for the extra money. But i here AT & T will get the 95** in about 3 months