Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

i've never owned an ipod and i never will there is many better mp3 players ... BlackBerry Storm forum

Advertisement

i've never owned an ipod and i never will there is many better mp3 players out there including my Bold but more importantly i use my bold for backup music i still like to carry around my Sony MP3 player and i use Dr. Dre Beats great headphones i also have Sennheiser in ear buds im a music freak though i've spend nearly 20k on my home threatre music centre hehe but thankfully i used to work for a store that sold the speakers and boy is there alot of mark up on speakers sometimes up to %160 i have Totem Acoustics ranx should have heard of this company every speaker they have released has wont he speaker of the year award

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    not using your BB for media and using ipods?? Blasphamy!!!! lol. For real though.
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

manoffire21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bd08b8
    well....i have not yet converted my music over to my storm. I have a ms zune 80g which sh*ts on apple products by far. especially when it comes to the zune software on the desktop and itunes. itunes is a horrible program and is not user friendly at all. not to mention the fact that you cant take the music from itunes and put it on a cd or whatever! you have to convert it and all this other crap??? come on get real apple! and stop acting like your sh*t dont stink!!!
    storm 9530
    PIN: 3051C125

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    The touch is much easier to carry around, and there are tons of GREAT free games.

PSP.. not so much. Oh, and games usually top off at around $10.. not $30+

The touch is just a great hybrid, imo.

True but I have 2 psp's one for regular games and one hacked with 200 nintendo games, 100 sega genesis games, 75 atari games, 75 turbo grafix 16 games, and 100 nintendo 64 games..... lets see the itouch do that! OH and allll Free!
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

jbean7916 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245A99C3
    I carry my 8120 and my iPod Nano!! And I have a couple of reasons for it. One, my battery life on my BB, even with a car charger, 1 in the bedroom, 1 in the livingroom and yes, 1 in my purse I'm not always near an outlet I can use. And secondly, well everyone I know has iTunes so I can get music from my roommates laptop or my boyfriends computer without any hassle. Third, I can use my ipod in my jeep which is a huge plus since I drive so often! And honestly, I think my Nano is so darn cute I'd hate to get rid of it!! I got an iPod mini when they very first came out (way before I was sucked into the BB world) so I guess I'm just used to having one on me!!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkkent51ny View Post
    True but I have 2 psp's one for regular games and one hacked with 200 nintendo games, 100 sega genesis games, 75 atari games, 75 turbo grafix 16 games, and 100 nintendo 64 games..... lets see the itouch do that! OH and allll Free!
    True, you have a point there, but.. the Apple App Store is getting new stuff EVERY DAY. I spent a good part of 3 days playing FieldRunners (tower defense) on and off when I could. ADDICTING! And it's always being updated with NEW games and NEW contents and the touch screen just has more possibility.

It's all preference, really. I find the stuff on the iPhone/iPod touch much more interesting, which is why I stated I would totally carry both my BB and one of the above.
    -Tim

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    Yeah I hear ya. The itouch is pretty cool

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by manoffire21 View Post
    well....i have not yet converted my music over to my storm. I have a ms zune 80g which sh*ts on apple products by far. especially when it comes to the zune software on the desktop and itunes. itunes is a horrible program and is not user friendly at all. not to mention the fact that you cant take the music from itunes and put it on a cd or whatever! you have to convert it and all this other crap??? come on get real apple! and stop acting like your sh*t dont stink!!!
    I just put playlists of music on a CD for a friend of mine without converting it.

Quote Originally Posted by jbean7916 View Post
    I carry my 8120 and my iPod Nano!! And I have a couple of reasons for it. One, my battery life on my BB, even with a car charger, 1 in the bedroom, 1 in the livingroom and yes, 1 in my purse I'm not always near an outlet I can use. And secondly, well everyone I know has iTunes so I can get music from my roommates laptop or my boyfriends computer without any hassle. Third, I can use my ipod in my jeep which is a huge plus since I drive so often! And honestly, I think my Nano is so darn cute I'd hate to get rid of it!! I got an iPod mini when they very first came out (way before I was sucked into the BB world) so I guess I'm just used to having one on me!!
    The battery life issue is another reason I stopped using my 8120 as an MP3 player. I would have to charge it multiple times in one day. Also I love having all of my music, podcasts, games and audiobooks all on one device. If the media player on the BB got a major facelift and I could afford a larger media card I'd get one.

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by manoffire21 View Post
    No disrespect intended, but you're absolutely wrong. ITunes and the iPod do not do WMA files, those are the only ones requiring conversion, music-wise that is. You can also burn any song or album from iTunes to cd, including the DRM protected AAC files. Make a playlist with the songs you want and hit burn cd. Simple.

I've had the 5th Gen iPod 80 GB since it came out. While I have my Storm and my FAVORITE songs on it, it does not hold my 70 GB library of music, videos, and podcasts. So I say personally, having the second device is great, whether it is an iPod, Zune, or whatever. Now when they come out with an 80-120 GB micro SD card, I'll give up my iPod :-P and pick up the extended battery from Seidio.

jayrat no está en línea Stack level 1
    You can pry my iPod touch from my cold dead hand, and my Storm from the other one!

LOL @ jayrat.

I agree with MeatLoafT. I tried to use my Pearls as media devices, but the iPod and iTunes blow them out of the water. I couldn't deal with 2 copies of all my songs on my Pearls, no album artwork, etc.

IF an 80GB media card and an actual iTunes app for the BB come out (I tried to use Slacker, FlipSide, Nutsie, and MiuTunes-the closest thing to iTunes I could stand), then I'll dump the iPod. I currently have nearly 15 GB of music, audiobooks, podcasts and games currently, not going to fit on my BB.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I currently have nearly 15 GB of music, audiobooks, podcasts and games currently, not going to fit on my BB.
    That would fit on 16gb card, Erica!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123