can anyone tell me if service books are device specific. For example would the service ... BlackBerry Storm forum

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3

service books

Advertisement

can anyone tell me if service books are device specific. For example would the service book for BB maps on the Bold be different from the service book of BB maps on the storm.

because myself and some others are missing the service books for BB maps on our storm, however everything else works, including browser, emails, bb apps and third party apps.

Our carrier is not much help and said it could be that since they dont have the storm they most likely dont have the service book for bb maps yet. But they didnt have the Bold when I did and everything worked, and they dont have the javelin 8900 but everything works on that as well.

just trying to find a solution.

thnx for any help
    8900 Curve, IPHONE 3G, SAMSUNG JET, NOKIA E71, BOLD, STORM 9500

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    RIM's Blackberry Maps FAQ page and the download link for the program can be located here

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    thanks I will check out the FAQ.

We have BB maps installed. It is listed in advanced options>applications and on Device manager on the PC. Have also tried removing it and installing, as well as different OS's. Just missing the service book, even though our carriers support BB maps.
    8900 Curve, IPHONE 3G, SAMSUNG JET, NOKIA E71, BOLD, STORM 9500