Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

After reading this, you really have me thinking here. I was all ready to buy ... BlackBerry Storm forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Advertisement

After reading this, you really have me thinking here. I was all ready to buy the 8900, but now I am not sure. My Curve does everything I need and I just received a new one from TMO for free, so it is in new condition. I am trying to ask myself why I need a new one? With my husbands company decreasing his pay 5% due to the economy (better than being layed off I guess) I have to think about the money issue and do I really need it. Now to hear this about Rim? I kind of wish I never fell in love with my BB.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I was ready to get the Flip or the 8900 myself, but after what I read, I have been relaying this thread to people on BBMessenger about why I'm moving onto another device. I have experienced way more crashes, lags, etc than I care for leading to device swaps (I had 3 8100's 2 years ago). The last BB that I had that didn't have to have things fixed was the 7100 series (7100t and 7105t). Those things were TANKS when it came to software performance. I never had any OS crash or reboot that lead to an OS wipe and restore. If I had followed my mind and heart, I'd still be on my 3rd 7105t (2 went back due to physical device defects) but I wanted a smaller BB.

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I was ready to get the Flip or the 8900 myself, but after what I read, I have been relaying this thread to people on BBMessenger about why I'm moving onto another device. I have experienced way more crashes, lags, etc than I care for leading to device swaps (I had 3 8100's 2 years ago). The last BB that I had that didn't have to have things fixed was the 7100 series (7100t and 7105t). Those things were TANKS when it came to software performance. I never had any OS crash or reboot that lead to an OS wipe and restore. If I had followed my mind and heart, I'd still be on my 3rd 7105t (2 went back due to physical device defects) but I wanted a smaller BB.
    Get a curve

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm not defending RIM, but I've had an 8100 since 11/06 and it hasn't ever crashed/frozen. Yesterday I couldn't send an email and pulled the battery. First time that's happened. I have only updated OS once way back when. My wife has a Curve for 9 months and pulled the battery twice to get MMS pix. That's it as far as my problems have gone. These are the only smartphones we've had, so there's nothing to compare to, but I can say I've come to like my BB phone quite a bit, so has my wife. She keeps saying "let's get iPhones" but my pals get bad connections where we live. I think I'll go with the 8900 and Tmobile soon. I'm betting that OS is stable and crash-free, just a gut feeling mind you. While the CEO probably wishes he could take his statement back I personally don't take much offense at it as a minor customer of RIM. Most of my $$ goes to Tmobile after all. Verizon I have a problem with. They didn't treat us right awhile back and I still remember bashing with them over money.
    Last edited by TheBigNewt; 01-28-2009 at 12:09 AM.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Safiy View Post
    Get a curve
    If I get one it MIGHT be the 8900 but I'm not sure if I still want it. But in that post I was referring to the Pearl series although I didn't say it.

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    Here is something to consider: if someone like Archer feels that strongly about it, there IS cause for concern.

I am sorta leaning towards his thinking. Am I overreacting? I don't think so... I feel somewhat disrespected.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    this is just my 2 cents and just things i have seen from being part of the mobile world. as most may know i work for a mobile provider. i have noticed and get a lot of th inside info and gossip that goes on about a lot of providers. i look at this situation in a couple different ways. one i think what jim said

such scrambles -- and the subsequent software glitches that need to be fixed -- are part of the "new reality" of making complex cellphones in large volumes.

is correct. look at the motorola razr there were issues with edge, and i do believe with bluetooth, later because of the popularity had at least 3 carrier recalls. it's claim to fame the thinesst and sharpest looking device that was quad band. then you have the iphone the first of its kind. it canged the face of the smartphone world, bringing life to the g1, iphone 3g, blackberry storm, htc touch devices, etc. when that phone launched there were lots of bugs. as blackberry users we laughed at those iphone users because they weren't part of the elite, and no blackberry would have fault like that. now that the storm is out and there is so many issues with that device for blackberry users now we have that sense of urgency and frustration that once belong to apple iphone users.
    All these bugs are bugs that once fix will change the face of the smartphone world, now RIM as well as any other vendor will know what works and what doesn't. Taking in the sucessess and failures of each of the devices that came before it.

Also please don't forget Verizon and AT&T (at least from what I see in the mobile world) have always fought to get a device out first and update them as they go. Definitely not a great idea. Everyone knocks T-Mobile because they are last to get a device but do you notice that for the most part when the launch a phone all the bugs and quirks have been worked out. There are still minor defects but then again

"technology is only as good as the people who make it and we are far from perfect"

Verizon was given the device, and I do believe that there parent company had alot in Verizon getting that device. I am willing to place down a large amount of money to say that vodafone has tested there devices for a while and said this would be great to give to our American counterparts, Verizon had a few months to slap it together and put it out. I think most people should be frustrated with Verizon and not so much RIM. Verizon has had all opportunity to get the phone tested and work out as mnay quirks which probably wasn't done properly. However RIM and Verizon are to blame for their eagerness of launching the device as soon as possible. RIM could have if anything decided not to launch the phone or to delay it until they felt comfortable with their product.
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    If I get one it MIGHT be the 8900 but I'm not sure if I still want it. But in that post I was referring to the Pearl series although I didn't say it.
    The comment by Balsillie aside... I've heard nothing but great things from owners/users of the 8900. So i don't really think the comment pertains to curve/curve2 users. (maybe even some pearl and before phones also)
    I still think as a BB user it's an condescending statement that should receive some sort of punishments or negative reaction. Yet, at the end of the day you gotta look out for #1. If the curve is the best phone for your needs then why punish yourself by picking up a sub-par non-bb product? Just to insult some moron who probably receives a bloated salary that he can't justify.

Trust me... I'm pissed just as much as Archer or the rest of the posters in this thread. However, I'm a broke Marine/College student so I can't afford to just toss my Storm in BB's face and jump on another phone....or I'd be pretty damn tempted right now.

Unless of course some kind stacker wants to dump their BB on my lap and i'll cover shipping and some amount of phone cost Then i'll throw my storm in their face!
    :)

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    . I am the CEO of a huge international company which I founded. I would never speak to any of my customers in the inappropriate way that RIM has.

Yeah that's kinda durty to do to a client base that has built u from just a two way email/ pager type device(950) and moved u to touch screens, and wonderful push email...
    "good things come to tho's who wait"

PIN/ID
    LESS
    I have to agree with Archer in so many ways!!!

I never had these many issues with any of my CURVES. Now that I switched to the bold, its one error after another, but I choose to deal with it and hope for a fix sometime in the future. But then you get the biggest guy in the company you strive to provide the best review by word of mouth wherever you go to not only say suck it up and shut up.

It really makes me think about switching to another device. When I had my Blackjack @ or my tilt never did I have any issues.

True i probably have many friends on Blackberry Messenger, but hey now we have IM's and even twitter? I'm sure we can find a way to communicate with one another without being comprimised.

This truly is having me think about switching to another device.

Ahh Archer see what you are doing to us!!!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I'm just curious, is there a device out there that has everything together? If you want to truly do away with your BB. What device would you use?

PIN/ID
    LESS
    G1 is looking quite good right now.

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1
    Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    G1 is looking quite good right now.
    I don't know... The G1 has some sweet apps but it's pretty glitchy too. I would try before you buy on that phone.
    :)

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    Nokia E71, or wait 2-3 months for Nokia N97

HTC; HD, Touch Diamond, Touch pro have gotten good reviews. Mine are being sent to me in a couple days..... will give a small review if anyone interested.
    8900 Curve, IPHONE 3G, SAMSUNG JET, NOKIA E71, BOLD, STORM 9500

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Quote Originally Posted by dubai_bb View Post
    Nokia E71, or wait 2-3 months for Nokia N97

HTC; HD, Touch Diamond, Touch pro have gotten good reviews. Mine are being sent to me in a couple days..... will give a small review if anyone interested.
    My eyes are burning ahhhhhhhhhh! JK I do wanna here about the htc pro. I'll be looking for your review.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast