Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by blackninja I still am shocked to read Jim basically saying he (and ... BlackBerry Storm forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja View Post
    I still am shocked to read Jim basically saying he (and when he speaks, represents RIM) has accepted mediocrity can and will come down the pipeline and we better get used to it.
    A few short months ago, I too might have been shocked. However actions speak louder than words. RIM has been hauntingly silent, despite some very serious problems all of which have been documented throughout the world.

Now that RIM has stepped up to the plate and joined Apple with an arrogant flippant attitude we now know that any future improvements will be at their convenience.

If RIM had been honest up front and told us to expect problems with the Storm it would have been a respected position. But to tell us after buyers spent their money, it seems like an excuse.

Just my take on it. As meaningless as it is.

RIM and Apple a marriage made in heaven.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    well least he knows its glichy
    "good things come to tho's who wait"

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    This is the reason that I may be leaving the BB platform altogether for awhile. I've had enough glitches, bugs, crashes, etc in the last 3 years. That Palm Treo Pro that's coming to Sprint (whenever it drops) is looking REALLY good right now. I've been on WM before and it looks like I'll be going home to it soon. I will still come here and try to help but after 50-75 OS upgrades, outages, etc over the last 3 years, I've had enogh.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 01-27-2009 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    This is the reason that I may be leaving the BB platform altogether for awhile. I've had enough glitches, bugs, crashes, etc in the last 2 years
    I can understand your position very well, and could not agree more.

Now that we know that RIM's attitude is "Deal with it" there is no longer a reason to expect the best from them. There is no longer a reason to be loyal to them.

Just think of all the time we've wasted being loyal to a company that first takes money for a bug ridden device, only to come out later and use words to the effect of "tough luck".

Suddenly Apple is looking really good. At least they are honest and upfront with their arrogance. At least they have not told their loyal users to "Deal with It".

This "in your face attitude from RIM, no matter what model it applies to, is unacceptable in this writers opinion".

RIM who?

PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    I could go back to a PÂLM device but not a WM phone....that frozze for me more then my bb ever has, sure theres probs with it, but i can`t leave the bbm....

Quote Originally Posted by Leetneo View Post
    i can`t leave the bbm....
    I can... faster than one can say "good bye".

I do not live or die by a BlackBerry, not even close.

I'm more than happy to change my usage patterns and enjoy another smartphone.

Not only that, it will take me less than five minutes to dump my BlackBerry.

I have only to remove my sim, and chuck the BlackBerry.

I have two other brand new smartphones that are already activated on their own lines.

Nothing like being prepared I say.

RIM who?
    Last edited by archer6; 01-27-2009 at 02:49 AM.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I can... faster than one can say "good bye".

I do not live or die by a BlackBerry, not even close.

I'm more than happy to change my usage patterns and enjoy another smartphone.

Not only that, it will take me less than five minutes to dump my BlackBerry.

I have two other brand new smartphones that are already activated on their own lines.

RIM who?
    So can I. I have a SideKick just waiting if I get to upset too continue my BlackBerry usage until I complete my contract with T-Mobile. All I gotta do is swap the SIM and change my data plan.

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1
    I am shocked that in today's economy any business would make take such a condescending stance to it's customers. Especially the loyal BB fans, who I believe are the only reason that RIM made it's quota "by the skin of their teeth."

So my question is, what's next?
    It's up to us as the consumer to hold these corporations responsible for their actions and products. On a general level, the storm is arguably sub-par compared to other BB's. Which upsets me more than any other BB shortfalls since I had to change providers just to get the Storm. I know I am not alone on this and continued upgrades and improvements to the Storm need to be a priority for RIM. Not something I have to "deal with."
    Maybe I'm a little old school, but I am the customer! The only thing I need to deal with is finding a new non BB phone to fall in love with!
    I'd really rather not leave BB's all together however, I'm not sure of any other way to send a message to RIM that we will not stand for such piss poor salesmanship.
    Just my .02
    End of Rant...
    :)

PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    well they have the best advertising they need!

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post

RIM who?
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    So can I. I have a SideKick just waiting if I get to upset too continue my BlackBerry usage until I complete my contract with T-Mobile. All I gotta do is swap the SIM and change my data plan.
    This is why I sometimes wonder if RIM is taking the path Palm took years ago. Palm had a nice device, built a strong following, got arrogant and figured they could do what they wanted and not lose customers (since most Palm customers were diehard fans), and failed to listen to customers and got in trouble because, surprise, there are other phone and PDA makers out there and many users reached a threshold point of annoyance.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Thanks for all your feedback and sentiments guys. I'm starting to look at my bb in a whole different way as I just finished reading all your posts. I still believe my 8310's pretty solid. I mean I abuse little thing. It gets the job done. I use its GPS feature continuously, I love msn messenger on it, I love Opera mini because let's be honest the bb browser's trash. (MHO) I love the fact that I can customize this sucker to death, I use it essentially as a business tool and it does come through when needed. And no I don't to "jail break it" to enjoy it to the max. I have two upgrades pending ever since the bold was released. However, I have held back from initially going with Storm because of the simple fact that I consider it an amateur attempt to compete with the Iphone. Let's face it the Iphone owns all those silly touch screen wannabe phones including the Storm. After all of this why not go with the Bold you'd say, well, the onboard memory and camera were a deal breaker for me. At the time I had just upgraded to 4.5 and loved the fact I then could do more with my curve and thought about why the heck "upgrade" if there's such a thing with the current new bb's out now when I have a very capable bb that does what I need it to do without crashing, test out betas, return it for the so called "non faulty" device. I've heard so many people complain about their storms not working properly and the common reply is "you probably have a faulty unit" c'mon are you serious? No, thank you. I'll stick with my curve a bit longer till I see a phone worth upgrading to whether it be a bb or something else. I've been a loyal bb user with no issues whatsoever during my endeavor but I just hate the direction RIM's taking at the moment. Once again these are my opinions and I'm not looking for anyone to agree with them; I'm just venting here. I saw my sister undergo through 8 phones last year while I only had my curve all year long with issues nor complaints. She had a 3 Treos, 4 instincts, which were all garbage, and now she got "The best phone out there" so she claims HTCTouchPro which she adores. So, my question I guess is now is it truly worth it to stay a bb enthusiast anymore after all of this arrogance? I think not! I'm looking to try out the new curve when released for AT&T and if I see that it's something worth upgrading to because it would definitely be one with a 3.2mp camera unlike the 2.0 and more onboard memory once again compared to my other option at the moment, and manageable size, along with a nice trackball and keyboard. I'm still debating though as I mentioned and I'm now gonna start looking and thinking outside the bb box and welcome new devices from all other manufacturers that can satisfy what I'm looking for in a capable smartphone as my current 8310. To all of this some may say why not get an iphone? Well, it's not that I don't like it. In fact I love its look and feels but I just don't like the fact that I cannot cut/paste, mms issues...etc,etc,etc... I know I could jail break it but why must I void my warranty to enjoy what's supposed to come as default from the device itself? A lot of questions which are still bugging me but for now as I mentioned earlier I'm gonna tough it a bit longer with my reliable 8310. I like the new designs of the new bb's but I'm looking for reliability and less not so much flashy crap. Well, I hope I got my point across. Btw, I typed this from my trusty curve using opera mini .
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Btw, I typed this from my trusty curve using opera mini .
    I'm a previous Curve owner as well. That's the main reason i'm so upset at this point. The curve was hands down the best phone i've had in my entire life. Granted, i have fewer issues with my storm than the average user. Yet, whenever I do, I see my trusty curve sitting there on my desk and wish i could somehow but it's functionality and reliability and mash it with the potential of my storm. (Yes I have used my Curve to beat my Storm a few times!!! Just as a learning tool, no abuse here )
    :)

I too enjoyed the 83xx series of BlackBerrys. However after reading the "in your face" arrogant position of RIM as posted here yesterday, I've scrapped my BlackBerry and moved forward to enjoy a BlackBerry free mobile communications experience. The Android platform is now serving me well as my main device.

~via Android Powered Agora Pro ~

After reading the "in your face" arrogant position of RIM as posted here yesterday, I've scrapped my BlackBerry and moved forward to enjoy a BlackBerry free mobile communications experience. The Android platform is now serving me well as my main device.

~via Android Powered Agora Pro ~

Erievon no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I came from the world of WM, and I can tell you I won't go back. At least RIM will admit there's a problem. Microsoft won't even hint that WM is an unstable platform.

Having said that though, this "Deal with it" additude is extremely disturbing. Had RIM simply said "We're sorry, but I promise we're working on it" would have went so much farther with me.

BB does everything I need it to do. Iphone doesn't, WM does but is unstable IMO, and Android isn't quite there yet, again IMO. I guess all I can really do is hold onto my stable Pearl until they work it out.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast