Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Their product was well respected by professionals Their product IS well respected by professionals. Don't ... BlackBerry Storm forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Advertisement

Their product was well respected by professionals
    Their product IS well respected by professionals. Don't get other BB's reputations mixed with the Storm

Also, true about the ball. Being black it will simply hide the dirt better.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    Their product IS well respected by professionals. Don't get other BB's reputations mixed with the Storm
    hey,hey,hey... my storms reputation is pristine
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

BradBlick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F1CE0
    I've tried to find some info on the Javelin but I'm still not 100% sure what the big deal about it is? Where the pearl is small and broke ground on the pearl.. the curve was a bit bigger and more powerful, then the Bold..the Elite version of the phones, bigger screen high resolution and stuff, the Storm with its enormous touch screen... where's the Jave fit in???

On the issue of Bugs in products... I agree that as a consumer with an understanding (albeit not as detailed as the understanding others may have of the indepth coding) in electronics and devices today, you somewhat need to take these bugs in stride through the first stages of a products release. You can't truly iron out all the bugs until the products been on the market and you know exactly what bugs are there and what is needed to be done.... HOWEVER, in the storms case - it simply has way too many bugs, and way too many serious bugs to have been released. They really should've put a bit more time into perfecting the builds to have made the phone at least as stable and functional as they could before its release.

That being said..... JUST RELEASE CDK 4.7 ALREADY.
    (although I'm sure that would just be a disaster without a solid enough build first)
    Last edited by BradBlick; 01-26-2009 at 09:56 PM.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    The Storm launch has been interesting to watch. I would also have to agree they really messed it up and first impressions are very important. The US is also very forgiving and I think RIM will try and improve or make-up for their mistakes by delivering an improved OS/Device. Let's hope it's soon before their lack of marking skills kill them. Marketing is so important as is first impressions and RIM better recognize both.

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I understand wanting to get the holiday shoppers and making as much money as they can. I honestly feel like they made a huge mistake in the long run. Release and device that had known issues and a lot of glitches is just poor business. This has done nothing but damaged their credibility as a quality manufacturer. My friend was going to upgrade her Pearl to the Storm but when I told her to check out the forums on Pinstack and do a little research first, she opted for a Curve instead. I had to agree with her that right now it was the wiser choice for her. She's a novice user of BB's and wouldn't know if her phone wasn't acting properly.

I agree that they should have used the Storm as their Main attraction for this year 2009. They kicked out so many phones at one time that I think consumers got confused on which was which. You don't have to play your entire hand at one time. People will be complaining this year that they don't have much to offer in the way of new devices. Had they perfected the Storm and released it in the summer, I think they would have just killed the rest of the market with a high quality smartphone to definitely rival the iPhone.

Who made this error in judgement and do they still have that job? If it was my company, They'd be demoted if not fired.

Bad move RIM.

It's a good thing I love my BB curve or I might have jumped ship to *cringe* iPhone if my first BB device was a Storm.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    my thoughts on this in the new Podcast available for download later tonight

williamsj83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    305845BF
    It almost to me sounds like hes saying that i shouldnt waste my money on RIM devices..... maybe i should hope that once Spring proves not to be a successful avenue for Palm to boost its sales with the PRE and realize they should have released it with Verizon i should move to the Palm Pre...... I am very dissappointed with RIM....

HotCelica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    my thoughts on this in the new Podcast available for download later tonight
    I need my podcast fix! Gimmie!

PIN/ID
    AskMe

HotCelica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    /cheer

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    I dunno with .90 the storm is worth it and I didn't get contract so 500 dollars...

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    available for download

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I'm glad that RIM finally came out and told us the truth as they see it.

A well known unofficial Apple concept is the Steve Job's "Reality Distortion Field".

Now RIM has it's own certified concept "Deal with the Glitchy OS".

Suddenly I feel so much better.

Cheers....

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    The funny thing is you would think he would be somewhat embarrassed for the company he works for, but instead he has a F it type of attitude. Dealt wit it! I bet if he bought a mercedes with defective… anything he would expect quick and appropriate response. I can imagine what he would say/do if the techs at the dealership said "deal with it".

Yeah "sillie" seems somewhat appropriate, although dumb is much more fitting.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by Safiy; 01-27-2009 at 01:37 AM.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no
    If this is the "new reality" then RIM better get a team to working on building a Delorean with a flux capacitor because I (and other consumers) are paying for the "old reality" which was solid hardware/software releases, not on the fly launches aimed at bolstering a weak quarterly profit margin.

I still am shocked to read Jim basically saying he (and when he speaks, represents RIM) has accepted mediocrity can and will come down the pipeline and we better get used to it. He keeps talking that mess, I might be forced to pull a Naomi Campbell. This ninja isn't all smiles and sunshine. >=0|

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast