Ok i want to exchange my storm for another because of the screen click issue, ... BlackBerry Storm forum

random155 no está en línea Stack level 2

Return Help, need to get back to 75

Advertisement

Ok i want to exchange my storm for another because of the screen click issue, and the ear piece speaker sounds like ****. I put the leaked .90 version on the phone lastnight. Will i hve a problem exchanging with this version on the phone? If so, how do i get back to the .75 version?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Pretty much the same way you loaded .90, random. Just delete the .90 off your PC through the Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs (Programs and Features if you're running Vista). Once that's gone, install the .75 on your PC, connect your device, launch DM and and it will prompt you to downgrade. Make sure you have a clean backup and/or the DM is set to do one automatically.

Doesnt give me an option to "downgrade", and i cant find the .90 in my list of programs

So in Control Panel you should see at least one thing that says BlackBerry Device Software 4.x. Then when you click on it, depending on how your view is set up in Control Panel, at the bottom of the screen it should tell you exactly what version of the OS it is.

Who is your carrier? Did you download and install the .75 OS for your carrier?

Also, what version of DM do you have?

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Do I not do the old battery out trick to get it to down grade. Don't I remove all the OS apart from the one u want and plug in your bb with out the battery in. I know I used this on my pearl anD curve a few times.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I don't see any need to remove the battery unless your device isn't being recognized by Desktop Manager. The battery trick is just a way to "force feed" DM into recognizing your device.

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    So in Control Panel you should see at least one thing that says BlackBerry Device Software 4.x. Then when you click on it, depending on how your view is set up in Control Panel, at the bottom of the screen it should tell you exactly what version of the OS it is.

Who is your carrier? Did you download and install the .75 OS for your carrier?
    No the phone came with .75 on it.

Okay, then you'll need to uninstall the .90 from your PC and then find and download .75.

You can either instigate the downgrade from the Loader executable you used in the other thread or through DM.

EthanCole Guest
    I tried loading the .75 back again because I kept getting an app error 523 when using opera mini and then the screen stayed that way! I looked around on how to reset this for ex: pulling the battery reloading the proper OS and then Putting the battery back into the storm but the error messege that pops up on the DM is "A fatal error has occured while updating your device software please try again". I did the JL_Cmder thing couldnt get it to work "unable to open port" then called blackberry and did everything they told me but no luck at all! I just ordered another storm im blackberryless for the next couple of days