I have been having problems with my BlackBerry Messengers and it was suggested that I ... BlackBerry Storm forum

castman63 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Restore Question

Advertisement

I have been having problems with my BlackBerry Messengers and it was suggested that I use the restore.

Is there a way to restore only the BlackBerry Messenger without restoring everything else?

Is there a way to open the backup file? I would like to open my password keeper and get a password out of there that I cannot remember and got erased when I updated to the new OS.

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    yea this program here
    http://www.processtext.com/abcblackberry.html
    will let u open the ipd file and get the pins for the bb messenger contacts and also view the other stuff an i think that was listed as one of the things u can view

also yes u can remove the bbm and then reinstall it again.........
    Last edited by brianjr1988; 06-09-2009 at 09:06 PM.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Did you do a seperate backup and save it to your computer before you updated the OS? Or are you trying to get the backup it does when you upgrade? Your password keeper should not have been lost unless there was a glitch in the backup process.

Search your computer for .ipd files, that is the file type for backups.

If you have a backup we can give you directions for doing an advanced restore which would let you put those missing items right back on your blackberry.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Thanks Briana and azstar. I haven't backed up my phone in quite some time (December of 2008). After the upgrade to the new OS I lost my passwords, downloaded programs, all saved bookmarks, and ringer assignments.

I really just want to be able to restore my BlackBerry Messenger. Since the upgrade, I have been able to add two of my contacts but there is one in particular contact that I have tried to add multiple times via sending him a request and also having him send me a request. However, it just says pending (awaiting authorization) and the other person does not get the request. I even deleted BlackBerry Messenger and reinstalled it to no avail.

I also want to open and look at the Password Keeper because I forgot the combination to my locker = (.

I really appreciate your help.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Can you have your friend YOU the request to see if you receive it?

RoGro,
    I have tried sending the request to him and he has tried sending the request to me. We have double checked the PIN numbers and we are entering the right PINs.