I've had my Storm 2 for 3 months now, and never had any problems with ... BlackBerry Storm forum

alizawi no está en línea Stack level 1

Restart Problem

Advertisement

I've had my Storm 2 for 3 months now, and never had any problems with it. Until a week ago... Every week, I have to be in a different country for 2 days (meaning I go to the same country every week)...My phone works perfectly when roaming in that country, however, recently, there has been a new service provider which my phone always connects to when roaming....and I noticed that on this network, my phone keeps rebooting.. unless it's connected to a charger... once disconnected, it'll keep rebooting. usually it will stay on for 3-5 minutes before doing so...

when I came back home, the phone was back to normal.... so I assumed it's network related....anyone have any ideas? btw, I'm still on .320

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Ive never heard of coverage or lack thereof cause a device to reboot. have you added any apps or themes lately? Sometimes these can cause a device to malfunction. maybe someone else has some ideas.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

That's what's driving me nuts!! I haven't changed anything or downloaded anything. Plus, the device works great when I return back home and connect to my network. Even when I roam in other countries than the one mentioned before, I have no problems. It's just THAT network the leads to this reset problem. This issue is driving me crazy!!

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    It might have something to do with service books of the provider when in that particular country - I would check with your main services provider to make sure if BlackBerry service is available by which carrier in the country you visit and then manually or define your services that way. This is only an hypothesis!

I think you may be on the right track...the thing is however that this new company in the country I visit is a sister company of my provider in my home country...and during the time the phone is on prior to a reset, my BB is fully fucntional (BBM, emails, etc. all OK). I'm telling you, this is such a strange phenomenon! thanks for the suggestions, hope someone will be able to help me with this

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    It's strange ! I travel quite extensively in Europe and I've never had this happen. Good luck anyway !

same here!! and i still don't have any problems while roaming in other places!! just this one damn place which unfortunately I have to visit once a week!!