Hey is anybody else having problems with profiles not working like the vibrate one still ... BlackBerry Storm forum

dparks69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305f78fc

questions about storm issues

Advertisement

Hey is anybody else having problems with profiles not working like the vibrate one still using alert tones? Also has anybody had any problems swapping networks during calls? These are some issues I've been having and wondering if anybody else has been having them and if so have any solutions been found or are we just going to have to wait for an os update?

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    I haven't been having that problem. Go back and make sure that if you have specific ringtones for specific people that it's listed "current alert" also...there are two settings....if you have it overridden than a specific ringtone is always going to ring when the phones on vibrate. If I knew how to get screens shots off the storm i'd take screeen shots to explain myself better. Sorry
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    OK...better explanation

Go to a contact that has a custom ring tone - edit
    Make sure you go to edit the ringtone and click it
    Make sure Volume, LED and Vibration are set to "active profile" and not "off" "on" or a number. Changign that will override whatever you change the profiles to (vibrate, silent, etc)
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    305f78fc
    Cool ill check that out and see if that works. The signal thing was weird though because I was on a call in poor coverage then moved to a stronger signal and the phone would cut in and out and never kick back in to evdo. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    305f78fc
    Ok I did that then rebooted and its still hit or miss. Sometimes it rings and sometimes it doesn't. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    mine are a little strange ...haven't quiet nailed it down yet.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    305f78fc
    I have noticed I miss being able to individually customize my profiles but I'm adapting lol. And its still a small price to pay. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    305f78fc
    apparently there are lots of people having profile issues judging by what everybody is saying on other forums

gonewireless no está en línea Stack level 1
    The issue I am having with adding a custom ringtone to a contact is that if I have my phone set to vibrate it still rings on the contacts I have custom ringtones set up on. I have the vibration option in the custom section set to Active Profile and my phone profile set to Vibrate but it still gives the ringtone when that person calls me. Any ideas?

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by gonewireless View Post
    The issue I am having with adding a custom ringtone to a contact is that if I have my phone set to vibrate it still rings on the contacts I have custom ringtones set up on. I have the vibration option in the custom section set to Active Profile and my phone profile set to Vibrate but it still gives the ringtone when that person calls me. Any ideas?
    create your own new custom sound profile and make it basically the same as "vibrate only" should be... use that profile when you want to have only vibrations, this will work

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by gonewireless View Post

It is a quirk, so you can create a custom profile and choose your settings for it. I think this is addressed lower in the thread.

PIN/ID
    305f78fc
    yeah thats what i ended up having to do with mine. so far its been fine since and im sure it will be fixed with future updates.

ElCamino no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have 4 email accounts with differernt ring tone when email comes in. I had the Curve and now the Storm. On my work email the ring tone keeps changing every once in awhile. Very weird.