I have yet to go to Verizon and look at the storm but how can ... BlackBerry Storm forum

romy101 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question about Storm Bugs

Advertisement

I have yet to go to Verizon and look at the storm but how can ordinary people walk into a store and do something as simple as use a messenger app and then the phone lock up.

How can the company be sending out software updates around the day of launch. Does this strike anyone as a huge blunder or incompetence on the part of Rim. I mean come one. I produce videos and I make sure I watch the darn thing a couple times before I send it to the client for final approval. Is there not a soul at Rim that play with the phone in launch state for a few hours? At least to make sure there is not even one bug present, jeez.

I hope my high anticipation of my bold replacement doesn't get dashed with a phone freeze the first day.

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    You have to understand that these devices were not made last night....they were made months ago so the OS version they have on them might be old and they have discovered bus since they were produced.....

Just be glad a company like RIM is proactive in fixing bugs....I have other brands of phones that took a year to release fixes and that was only if they had enough complaints.....
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

romy101 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yes I am happy they are proactive. I just know that months and months went by with my curve or pearl to get my carrier to release an update. In all honesty this is "supposed" to be the iphone competition, and if I were running things you better believe I would make sure it not only was as good, it was SOLID and the naysayers could have no way of writing it off as an unworthy Iphone killer. It's just programmers sitting down pulling a few all nighters and fixing issues.

From here on out RIM needs to release an update a week if need be to make sure they inspire confidence and not lose potential sales coming into the holidays.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by romy101 View Post
    Yes I am happy they are proactive. I just know that months and months went by with my curve or pearl to get my carrier to release an update. In all honesty this is "supposed" to be the iphone competition, and if I were running things you better believe I would make sure it not only was as good, it was SOLID and the naysayers could have no way of writing it off as an unworthy Iphone killer. It's just programmers sitting down pulling a few all nighters and fixing issues.

From here on out RIM needs to release an update a week if need be to make sure they inspire confidence and not lose potential sales coming into the holidays.
    it's solid rom.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I understand your point.....but if RIM releases a update for a new phone prior to it rolling out to the stores.....how are they going to upgrade all those devices sitting in boxes in some warehouse ?

No company is going to pay to have them shipped back and pay to have them upgraded....if they did that the cost of the phone would go way up.
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!