1) After installing the new OS today on my 9530 i noticed when i place ... BlackBerry Storm forum

TorredBB no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Problems i'm having with Verizon OS .148

Advertisement

1) After installing the new OS today on my 9530 i noticed when i place a voice call i can not hear the other person at all after about 30mins of trying to figure out the issue ( im going to try my best to explain this) when you place a phone call (voice call) in that very same screen right under where your phone number is displayed you have the black phone icon right well on my device that same icon comes up but it also has an headset icon so they both appear together and this setting is causing me to not be able to hear the other person on my end. What i have to do now is hit the menu key during an incoming/outgoing phone call and highlight activate handset to be able to hear the other person thru the device (which is very annoying) and the same applies if im using my blue tooth or wired head sets.

2) I just also noticed that i cannot send out MMS messages this is the message i get on the device "No MMS service record message cannot be sent. You will only be able to Save Draft".

Before .148 i had .75 I need need much help on this one guys Thanks!!!!!

kdkng no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3049A487
    I had the same problem with number 1. The fix plug and unplug a headphone in until it goes away. Took me about 5 times until it cleared it up.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Les
    Les no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by TorredBB View Post
    1) After installing the new OS today on my 9530 i noticed when i place a voice call i can not hear the other person at all after about 30mins of trying to figure out the issue ( im going to try my best to explain this) when you place a phone call (voice call) in that very same screen right under where your phone number is displayed you have the black phone icon right well on my device that same icon comes up but it also has an headset icon so they both appear together and this setting is causing me to not be able to hear the other person on my end. What i have to do now is hit the menu key during an incoming/outgoing phone call and highlight activate handset to be able to hear the other person thru the device (which is very annoying) and the same applies if im using my blue tooth or wired head sets.

2) I just also noticed that i cannot send out MMS messages this is the message i get on the device "No MMS service record message cannot be sent. You will only be able to Save Draft".

Before .148 i had .75 I need need much help on this one guys Thanks!!!!!
    You may want to try and do a battery pull. Leave the battery out for about 30 seconds and then put the battery back in and let it start up.

GaBulldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by kdkng View Post
    I had the same problem with number 1. The fix plug and unplug a headphone in until it goes away. Took me about 5 times until it cleared it up.
    I second this solution; the same issue occured on me Monday Night after leaving the Gym. Everybody I called, I couldn't hear them & they couldn't hear me. I tried everything possible (battery pull, changing in-call settings, trying BT, etc...) & then it hit me. Since I use my Storm as my MP3 Player at the Gym, I must have unplugged it prior to shutting down the Media App. So I re-inserted my ear buds, opened the Media App, then closed it out, & then removed my ear buds. Works everytime.

The way it was explained to me, if you remove your ear buds prior to closing out the Media App, then your phone will think that it's still in "headset" mode.

I made the same mistake last night b/c I was in a hurry to make a call, but inserting & removing the headset has been the solution for me each time.

Hope this helps.

sk1d no está en línea Stack level 2
    does anyone know where i can find the .148 OS?

Thanks

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    on blackberry's website www.blackberry.com/update

Thanks for that, but now my DM does not recognise .148 when i try to update.

I have downloaded the file, but the DM does not pick it up. Can anyone please help or talk me through using another means?

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Install the OS to your pc, go to c: program files/common files/research in motion/ app loader and double click on the small phone icon

Hope that helps

I have tried that as well and it still does not update/upgrade