My major concern with the VZW Storm is that as often as not I cannot ... BlackBerry Storm forum

RJLOMMD no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Problem answering phone when in belt case

Advertisement

My major concern with the VZW Storm is that as often as not I cannot answer a phone call when the Storm is holstered in the "OEM" case. The phone rings, I open the case and take it out, screen says "Incoming Call" but when I press the green key nothing happens. Five seconds later the call is listed as "aborted" though I really tried to answer it.

Any suggestions?

Similar to this is that sometimes when I remove the phone from the case the scren will not unlock. This is very frustrating and I usually wind up removing the battery, waiting and then re-booting the unit. It doesn't seem to happen if I remember to the manually lock the phone before I put into the case.

The case, by the way is the OEM Blackberry RIM18975002 case. It has this magnet thing which is supposed to automatically lock the unit.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Seems like your device is lagging... What OS are you running?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Erievon no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    The Green Physical button or the green touch icon on the screen? I've never had any success with the touch icon coming straight out of the holster.

As a funny side note, it used to throw me for a loop when my Storm would be ringing, I'd pull it out of the holster and look at it, and it would stop ringing, but the screen would still say the call was comming in. Turns out it just assumes "Well, I can stop ringing, you're looking at me, now just decide if you want to answer or not".

RJLOMMD no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thank you for your replies!

reddrvgon: I'm using the original OS that came with my Storm. I purchased it in Feb 2009 from Verizon. The OS is: v. 4.7.0.75.

Erievon: As far as pressing the on screen button vs. the one on the side, I have never been able to use the on screen one. At first I thought that was the problem. But it is generally a bit better when I use the button. Still have the problem. Still looking for suggestions.

Erievon no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    My only suggestion is to dump .75 and load .122 official (just delete the Bell vendor file), or .132 Beta. On either one of these OS (I'm loving .132 personally) your storm will be night and day different. 122 and 132 are more like what the phone should have shipped with in the first place.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    ill second that... there have been countless posts across pinstack where people have mentioned that their storm worked much MUCH better with a newer os... needless to say the original .75 is severely flawed...

definitely look towards upgrading your OS...
    i see RED...

PIN/ID
    ask me
    (duplicate)...
    i see RED...