hey everybody, i finally got my storm to sync with pocket mac, only trouble is ... BlackBerry Storm forum

dparks69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305f78fc

pocket mac and storm questions

Advertisement

hey everybody, i finally got my storm to sync with pocket mac, only trouble is about one third of the pics showed up from my iphoto album and now it gets to syncing contacts and just stops and gives me an error code. im rebooting the phone to see if that will make a diff when i reconnect but the first time around it worked fine. any suggestions on how to fix the syncing issue so that it will work every time or should i just drop the forty bones and get missing sync?

rmerck no está en línea Device Pro
    What did you do to get pocket Mac to synch?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    305f78fc
    it was funny actually. it synced my contacts from the address book, my calendar from ical, and some of the pics from the selected folder in iphoto. but then i tried syncing again it wouldnt work. i found a work around though. instead of letting pocketmac do it automatically i just manually picked what i wanted to put in each particular folder after the mac recognized the drives and put all of my media on there that way. turns out the quality was better and all the pics that pocketmac said it couldnt transfer went over manually without a problem. i like doing it that way anyway because i couldnt pick just a couple of movies or songs, it wanted to import all of them. so at least it recognizes the device drives now and i can manually transfer, now if i just had an app loader that worked and some way of backing everything up which i guess i could just create a folder on the hard drive and drag everything over and make a copy. either way i still havent figured out what im gonna do when the os update comes out if i cant get it ota cause i have nothing that will be able to install it using my mac.

I guess what I was getting at is how did you manage to accomplish the sync at all via PocketMac. What settings did you use, any special software or drivers to install, anything? I have been trying to figure out how to get PocketMac to work with this Storm for the life of me, and I've just been coming to the conclusion that the latest PocketMac is just not compatible with the Storm.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."
    Jesus, Luke 22:36

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
    Gen. John Pershing, U.S. Army

Nevermind, I have no idea what the hell I did, but I managed to get PocketMac to sync everything just fine... wierd ::scratches head::
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."
    Jesus, Luke 22:36

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
    Gen. John Pershing, U.S. Army

PIN/ID
    305f78fc
    yeah i wasnt really sure what i did either, even now sometimes it says connected and shows my serial number or whatever and sometimes it wont. all i did though was updated the drivers from their website and it works sometimes. i think it has to do with the order you connect and open the program though. dunno if you should connect then open or open then connect or what honestly lol.

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1
    Yeah, lucky for you guys. I'm getting absolutely ZERO love on my pocketmac. I even installed the new usb drivers from Blackberry for mac.
    :)

clayatx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    yeah i cant get my girlfriends storm to sync with her macbook pro. other problem is that i know almost nothing about macs

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1
    Haha. Well I really don't think its a mac issue as much as its just a software issue with pocketmac. I emailed them over a week ago and still no love.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    305f78fc
    Yeah good luck getting any I was reading today that mac users are only about 9% of computer owners. Imagine what percentage of that actually use a BB lol. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~