Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

If anything Archer is the one buying all the info from the carriers hahaha ! ... BlackBerry Storm forum

PIN/ID
    AskMe

Advertisement

If anything Archer is the one buying all the info from the carriers hahaha !
    But yeah i have to agree, all the info is easily attainable. Basically if you are a Rogers customer and i merely have your cellphone number i can have ALL OF YOUR INFORMATION and not even leave a trace about getting them and that is why only certain people have access to that security clearance and those are "trusted" people.
    The world is indeed not a safe place anymore but the people are learning to make it safe i find .
    But like Leonard said, in a world of bad economy everything is for sale... sad but true...

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    aight i'm no lawyer(although i do play one on tv and i did stay at a holiday inn last night) but i find it hard to believe an insurance company could deny a claim because of this unless it is either illegal in your state to do this or there was a disclaimer stating this in your policy.
    You crack me up cat! Love it and completely agree

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    aight i'm no lawyer(although i do play one on tv and i did stay at a holiday inn last night) but i find it hard to believe an insurance company could deny a claim because of this unless it is either illegal in your state to do this or there was a disclaimer stating this in your policy.
    I am by no means saying it is OK or right for an insurance company to do so. I will have to do some digging to find the article about it but yes, if it is illegal to text, talk or email while driving then you can have the claims denied.

Insurance companies will do anything to deny a claim as you know, so why wouldn't they use that law to deny a claim as they would one for drinking and driving or any other violation of state DOT laws? Every policy that someone signs has a clause about violation of driving laws as a means to deny claims. It is a blanket clause that covers all laws. If it is against the law they will use it.

Oh, and many companies are using the same practice to terminate you in case of an accident. My company requires you sign an agreement about cell phone and email use while driving. They can access our personal records as well as company phone records for proof (the insurance company requires it ).

And I am not a lawyer, don't play one on TV and slept at home last night.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by doughdaddy View Post
    and i am not a lawyer, don't play one on tv and slept at home last night.
    :d lolol
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

hyphen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30BCDAA6
    Hate to say this but not true some msn's are the same as the device pin just add a bb to the end of the pin nd u get the msn wrks on most nextel's

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by doughdaddy View Post
    I am by no means saying it is OK or right for an insurance company to do so. I will have to do some digging to find the article about it but yes, if it is illegal to text, talk or email while driving then you can have the claims denied.

Insurance companies will do anything to deny a claim as you know, so why wouldn't they use that law to deny a claim as they would one for drinking and driving or any other violation of state DOT laws? Every policy that someone signs has a clause about violation of driving laws as a means to deny claims. It is a blanket clause that covers all laws. If it is against the law they will use it.

Oh, and many companies are using the same practice to terminate you in case of an accident. My company requires you sign an agreement about cell phone and email use while driving. They can access our personal records as well as company phone records for proof (the insurance company requires it ).

And I am not a lawyer, don't play one on TV and slept at home last night.

I realize this thread started off with PIN tracing, but this conversations has gotten pretty good!

Since so much attention has been made about the dangers of texting and driving, not only are you setting yourself up for claim denials, but lawsuits as well. If enough research is put into your call/text history and it's damning enough, then you're SOL. Nothing is private when you endanger others.

But to go back to the original concern, an ordinary person to call the cell provider to get info on you just because, they shouldn't be able to do that. There are certain amount of privacies granted to individuals regarding your PIN, etc. and that can't just be handed over because someone asked about it.

If someone knows differently, please share!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengirl75 View Post
    My lips are sealed I've already made a deal not to reveal anything _scary_ ......

LOL
    ~ via Bold! ~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I realize this thread started off with PIN tracing, but this conversations has gotten pretty good!

Since so much attention has been made about the dangers of texting and driving, not only are you setting yourself up for claim denials, but lawsuits as well. If enough research is put into your call/text history and it's damning enough, then you're SOL. Nothing is private when you endanger others.

But to go back to the original concern, an ordinary person to call the cell provider to get info on you just because, they shouldn't be able to do that. There are certain amount of privacies granted to individuals regarding your PIN, etc. and that can't just be handed over because someone asked about it.

No i believe you are right.
    I know that lets say for Rogers, if you find the phone and claim that you want to get information on the owner to return it , they will ask you to drop off the phone at a Rogers Corp location in order for the store to contact said owner.

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    My lips are sealed I've already made a deal not to reveal anything _scary_ ......

LOL
    ~ via Bold! ~
    How about if I take back my request?

PIN/ID
    wut?
    If enough research is put into your call/text history and it's damning enough, then you're SOL.
    other than seeing if you were texting while you had an accident,it would take some serious csi miami stuff to research your call/text history and tie it into your driving history.

other than seeing if you were texting while you had an accident,it would take some serious csi miami stuff to research your call/text history and tie it into your driving history.
    According to what I've seen on CSI, anything is possible in an hour!

PIN/ID
    wut?
    According to what I've seen on CSI, anything is possible in an hour!
    very true

mr xxxx,
    i'm sorry to inform you that your claim for your accident has been declined. we have some proof that you farted just prior to your accident. although farting within itself is not illegal or dangerous, with our research we have discovered that 97.3% of the time when you fart,you raise one cheek and close the opposite eye. as you may well know closing one eye and or raising a butt cheek is very dangerous while driving. we hope you understand our position on this.

we value as a loyal customer and hope that this does not jeopardize our future business with you.

yours truly, your loyal insurance company

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    There is a PIN tracing software that a UK kid made about 8 months ago

as for insurance and agenices finding out your cell/text info......just look at the Los Angeles train crash...they were able to gather all the information on the engineers cell and those he texted.....

also...since I was involved as one of those involved my lawyer was asked to release my cell/text records to the NTSB....so they can and will get it if they want it bad enough
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

Quote Originally Posted by ice44 View Post
    There is a PIN tracing software that a UK kid made about 8 months ago

as for insurance and agenices finding out your cell/text info......just look at the Los Angeles train crash...they were able to gather all the information on the engineers cell and those he texted.....

also...since I was involved as one of those involved my lawyer was asked to release my cell/text records to the NTSB....so they can and will get it if they want it bad enough
    Exactly.

Good to know you made it out of that accident!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    How about if I take back my request?
    LMAO....you're humor is the best!
    And I'm never at a loss for words.....
    ~ via Bold! ~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast