so i woke up to my phone going absolutely crazy. From about 6 am this ... BlackBerry Storm forum

imafireman641 no está en línea Stack level 2

phone going nuts !

Advertisement

so i woke up to my phone going absolutely crazy. From about 6 am this date until my phone actually woke me up (around 1130 am) i had received approx. 400 e-mails .All of the e-mails were old and previously read (both on my BB and on puter). i also had about 100 facebook msgs, again, all old and previously read. i called verizon and she did her thing and it stopped.i dont really know what she did ,i was just glad to see the e-mails stop. Any idea on what could have caused this ?? VZ said it must have been comcast's fault. I have a 9530 VZW with .75 and comcast e-mail. thanks .

vangorder no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by imafireman641 View Post
    so i woke up to my phone going absolutely crazy. From about 6 am this date until my phone actually woke me up (around 1130 am) i had received approx. 400 e-mails .All of the e-mails were old and previously read (both on my BB and on puter). i also had about 100 facebook msgs, again, all old and previously read. i called verizon and she did her thing and it stopped.i dont really know what she did ,i was just glad to see the e-mails stop. Any idea on what could have caused this ?? VZ said it must have been comcast's fault. I have a 9530 VZW with .75 and comcast e-mail. thanks .

I was going to say... Sounds like a server problem; not Storm related.
    You have two ears, two eyes, and one mouth;
    therefore, listen and observe twice as often as you speak.

melonman12 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I think it's a Comcast issue. The same thing happened to me Tuesday night- all with my Comcast emails and no other email service I use. Comcast just upgraded their email service to Smart Zone. I got that email right after I got the duplicates of the emails that were sitting in my Comcast inbox. It sounds like you got duplicates of everything in your inbox just like I did...

thats what im guessing as well.hopefully it was just a one time deal. thanks guys .

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yea this happened to me also. I hate smart zone.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Server was clearing during transition. Purpose: Either they wanted to insure you didn't lose any of your data, or new prog couldn't handle transfer of old stuff

melonman12 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    Server was clearing during transition. Purpose: Either they wanted to insure you didn't lose any of your data, or new prog couldn't handle transfer of old stuff
    I'm sure they wanted to make sure we didn't lose anything, but getting 4-5 copies of everything in my inbox was a little extreme...

Oh well- with Comcast you can never underestimate them, I guess...

Ok. So my next question is.... Anybody know what this new "smart zone" is ?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~