Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is anyone else having the problem on their storm crashing while using BB Messenger? For ... BlackBerry Storm forum

SuzieCreamPuff no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Phone crashes when using BB Messenger

Advertisement

Is anyone else having the problem on their storm crashing while using BB Messenger? For some reason my Verizon Storm seems to crash and reboot abruptly a few times a day. Every time it seems like it happens while I am having a conversation in BBMessenger.

I have checked and everything seems to be up to date in terms of versions but I was wondering if this was a an issue others were having with their devices or if there was some sort of fix or work around to make it STOP THE INSANITY!

Thanks

BradBlick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F1CE0
    What operating system version are you running?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Yeah id like to know too, what OS are you running ?
    If you say up to date do you mean .90 or .75 ?

jaydee no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Yeah id like to know too, what OS are you running ?
    If you say up to date do you mean .90 or .75 ?
    I had this happen yesterday after I updated to .90 but a reboot cleared it up. Still work to be done on these OS's.

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    I had this happen 1 time so far. I am running .90.
    It got frustrating with the re boot because then I had the memory card freeze. Agh. I can't wait for them to tighten the OS up. Every release official or not seems to be improving in some areas.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thymaster no está en línea Stack level 3
    Uhm I running .76 and I use my bb messenger everyday and never once it have crashed on me. I would go back to .76.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hitdog042 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Read my previous post on what a VZW rep told me on BB Messenger. His advice was to delete it all together until a more stable OS is released. He appears to have been right.

SuzieCreamPuff no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm using .75

it is the verizon storm.

and thanks for the advice hitdog, I saw your other post, but for me deleting BBM would be like cutting off a pinkie finger! I have way too many contacts that use it.

jaydee no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by hitdog042 View Post
    Read my previous post on what a VZW rep told me on BB Messenger. His advice was to delete it all together until a more stable OS is released. He appears to have been right.
    Not necessarily...there are definitely some improvements in .90 over .75 that make a case for the newer OS but you have to decide if these type of issues are worth the headache for you.

pout no está en línea Stack level 1
    i think that some of the handsets are just glitchy. i've had my verizon storm since day 1 (11/21), so i know started with the original OS. i upgraded to 4.7.0.75, and it has not solved the problem (in fact, it crashed again this morning!) i have also reinstalled the OS (on a side note, i also had a problem with my media libraray being 'inaccessible'...which was the reason for the format)

it is definitely messenger that is causing the problem, as it ONLY happens when that program is being actively used.

anyone from rim or vzw frequent here??

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Lots of people from different Carriers and companies frequent here lol (be it RIM, Nokia, Apple etc...).
    Dont worry they read what we write about... they dont necessarelly take them into consideration but they do read...
    Pinstack is a big name in the smartphone world

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Lots of people from different Carriers and companies frequent here lol (be it RIM, Nokia, Apple etc...).
    Dont worry they read what we write about... they dont necessarelly take them into consideration but they do read...
    Pinstack is a big name in the smartphone world
    i would hope most of them read here to learn...
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I have the same problem with BBM, but simply have not had a lot of time to sort it out. I've tried .75, .90 and now .99. So far .99 is the best and BBM is working a bit better but not completely stable yet. Other than that I'm really enjoying this new (4 day old) Storm, the build quality is much better than the first two I had which went back as they simply had too many issues with build quality and the like. Verizon was very good about noting my file and giving me a very significant discount on this one since I was willing to wait until they had been out longer. It all payed off very well.

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM
    i have .75 and yeah my when im on BB Messenger my phone would get a device error message.. it happened twice out of the many times i use the messenger. so i guess its fine. we all know blackberry

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Just went to .100 and that seems to have fixed it. However only time will tell
    ~via Android Smartphone ~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast