Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by archer6 This is so true. I have a friend that just did ... BlackBerry Storm forum

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180

Wow

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    This is so true. I have a friend that just did the OS upgrade yesterday and we met today. I had a chance to try it out and the difference, and improvements are amazing. The difference is night and day.

Cheers...

Archer????????????? wow

i value your opinion greatly and am glad to see your post showing (to me) a small change of heart.... i know you dont hate my baby Storm ... not that you sed that anywhere .. but you know what i mean.

in anycase ... I agree .. could have stayed in the oven a lil longer .. especially if they knew the advertising/marketing plan they unleashed.
    "Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." ~BLAISE PASCAL

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    I've got mixed reviews but I'm sure that with the update it will be much better. I can't wait to try a storm up close and personal. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by mcm180 View Post
    Archer????????????? wow

i value your opinion greatly and am glad to see your post showing (to me) a small change of heart.... i know you dont hate my baby Storm ... not that you sed that anywhere .. but you know what i mean.

in anycase ... I agree .. could have stayed in the oven a lil longer .. especially if they knew the advertising/marketing plan they unleashed.
    Rest assured that I'm the first one to speak ever so highly of RIM, their product the BlackBerry, and the wide variety of models that we have to choose from. I'm also very fair and open minded in evaluating each new BlackBerry model. After all they have a great operation, a very skilled staff of R&D experts, engineers and the like.

However that said, if they falter and produce a sub par product I'm going to speak out about that as well. No shrinking violet, I believe in full disclosure of my experience with any product. I'm not here to patronize the company, or mislead the people here fondly known as "Stackers". My goal is to contribute to this forum, and to share the experience I have with each new BlackBerry model so as to help those who may be trying to decide what to purchase. By supplying them with information presented in a positive yet honest manner, they have more to work with in the decision making process.

So as we go forward I hope to find RIM making better decisions and releasing BlackBerrys that are fully debugged. RIM needs to stop this trend of shipping phones that require immediate updates of the very operating system that was once so reliable. What's needed is to provide the customer an enjoyable experience from the moment they remove it from the box.

Cheers...

milz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    25701BC7
    I like the Storm for what it was, but practically, I didn't find it very practical...my issues with the Storm wasn't OS related...I didn't like the Storm enough to trade it for my Bold, but I've read elsewhere that others are loving it. I think it's down to personal choice...however, I do think it's a bit wack IMO that in order to get the best of your Blackberry (any model) that you always have to update the OS.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by milz View Post
    ..however, I do think it's a bit wack IMO that in order to get the best of your Blackberry (any model) that you always have to update the OS.
    Exactly! That's the point.

It didn't use to be this way, RIM used to deliver a product to market that was ready to use and enjoy. Then it all changed and that's a problem that's got to be fixed. Mainstream consumers are not going to put up with a product that requires "fixing".

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    But then again with the way the market is growing and going, you have to push devices in the hands of "mainstream" customers before another company does and thats where the problem is.
    Because dont customers wont wait yet they wont keep up with updates.
    If you wait you lose those customers and you get the BB fanatics a perfect device.

Rim chose the hard way :
    Keep BOTH customer sides, make on side (mainstream) work hard (keep up with updates) and the other side (US) mad for a week and upgraded to Beta OS as soon as they leaked and then happy again.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123