Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by HeavyComponent I know a handful of people who says the Storm is ... BlackBerry Storm forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    I know a handful of people who says the Storm is garbage and what not. Those are the people that are unaware of the updates that are out and they swear they know everything.
    Personally, I'm very happy that you brought this up.

The reason is that I _know_ that RIM does indeed read the posts here from time to time. Therefore the more true stories they read, the more problems they become aware of, the better chance that the word gets back to the right people within Research In Motion. PinStack has a tremendous amount of credibility and is well known. It's no secret that we are a passionate group of BlackBerry enthusiasts and advocates.

What better place for RIM to learn just how their products are performing? So at the end of the day, while it may be frustrating for us as we go through some of the pains that are caused by the various problems, it's all good. They get the feedback, they fix the problems, we get great world class smartphones. A Win/Win scenario for everyone involved.

Thanks for your contribution HeavyComponent !

Cheers...

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Very well put, Arch

Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    Very well put, Arch
    Thank You...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I must thank you as well for this great post Archer. May RIM read all this.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    No problem guys! No better place to share my thoughts and to read what you guys are thinking as well.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    I don't blame Verizon or Vodafone for rushing out this phone. It makes sense to them the quicker to market the more sales. I blame Rim for not sayin NO its not ready. The main update was only a few weeks after launch and they should have held out.
    As a personal user I love the phone, just wish they got the launch right. These are exciting times in the bb world, RIM just needs to catch their breath and think clearly. There is a huge demand for personal smart phones, as apple proved, they just need to get back to core values.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i tried convincing my gf to get the storm, but she just didn't like the click screen.

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Personally, I'm very happy that you brought this up.

The reason is that I _know_ that RIM does indeed read the posts here from time to time. Therefore the more true stories they read, the more problems they become aware of, the better chance that the word gets back to the right people within Research In Motion. PinStack has a tremendous amount of credibility and is well known. It's no secret that we are a passionate group of BlackBerry enthusiasts and advocates.

What better place for RIM to learn just how their products are performing? So at the end of the day, while it may be frustrating for us as we go through some of the pains that are caused by the various problems, it's all good. They get the feedback, they fix the problems, we get great world class smartphones. A Win/Win scenario for everyone involved.

Thanks for your contribution HeavyComponent !

Cheers...
    Yes Archer. There are people who have in their job description at RIM, the duty of looking through all of the BlackBerry related forums. It happens much more than people think.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I've read a lot of articles/reviews on the Storm-people hate it, people love it. But, didn't this device just come out? I mean, does ANY device that has all the features that this one does run flawlessly the first go round? Yes, with that price tag, one would expect RIM's R&D to do a little better job, but there are bugs and glitches in every new smart phone and most electronic devices. As Archer said, dont think that RIM doesnt have someone reading this forum and giving a report to the powers that be. With the smartphone market shrinking with the economy, rest assured that RIM will rectify the problems with the Storm.

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    RIM isn't that bad my opinion. Keep in mind that the customer makes the business, they gotta give us what we want. Most of these upgrades (besides the storm) aren't NEEDED it's more like people WANT to upgrade. Gotta have the "latest and greatest". Think about it, besides going from 4.2/4.3 to 4.5 there aren't any major, if any differences between 4.5.0.8x, 4.5.0.9x, or 4.5.0.1xx. It's a status thing. People surf the web just to find leaked and official OS's, but nothings wrong with their BB. My BB curve hasn't had any issues, it worked fine with every OS installed on it. With 4.5 i can't tell the difference (or it's not enough to talk about) from one OS version or the other. People claim to have faster response and what not. I think they're just "fishing" to warrant the upgrade. No need, it's your phone so upgrade away.

P.S Don't think the IPhone was perfect out of the box, because it was not.

My 2 cents,
    Safiy

tigerbluemusic no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am a blackberry bold owner and got my handset at the beggining of september from orange uk. My handset was in a terrible state at this point due to the os and orange promptly took all their bolds of the shelf for a month. Due to this I have learnt to update my os and usually pack the latest beta version. My bold now works pretty well but not without at least two full months of painfull updating (some of which seemed to make the os worse). I am now pretty adept to updating the os but to a new user or even a long standing blackberry owner who has never had to update their phone before it is quite a tricky procedure to carry out for the first time. It should also be noted that there is a certain risk factor and knowledge is required before performing the update (deleting vendor xml etc). Having said all this I agree users should be aware that the performance of the phone can be improved over time. HOWEVER and this I believe is a big point, how many people buy an iphone or one of any number of other handsets and the os is poor to this extent. All these improvements are great but I can't help feeling that the thing should work to a reasonable extent in the first place??? In my eyes updates are for making improvements, NOT for making it work properly cause the original didn't work. If it doesn't work, don't release it!

Wow that was a rant. While I'm on a roll, the soone ota os updates are possible the better. Blackberrys aren't just business devices these days. Therefore you shouldn't need to be an it consultant to update one :-)

EthanCole Guest
    I've had my storm replaced twice already and I am waiting to get my third one now!

But I am not returning them due to the software or "how slow they are". I came across two REALLY FAST STORMS... But, there was something wrong Physically on the storm for example the first one had that glossy plastic key cover kind of crooked so the return key wouldnt function the way it should because if you take the top off you can see the button tooo High so when you press it down it would move "out of reach" so then you would have to press it hard enough to actually get it. I don't know if that makes sense.

The second one has a screen placement issue where the whole screen is too low from lack pressure keeping it up so I had to do that credit card thing to keep it up but the first one was NICE and I felt the difference between the two.

And when I called verizon they just couldnt believe me and claim they've never "HEARD" of such problems. wtf?!?! she effin called me a liar! she had me go into a store and have a on site tech see it... her stupid butt actually did "ota" trouble shooting (what ever that is pfftt) I had to take it away from her and said "touch here press here type a messege (she typed i quit lmao!!)" and then I took off the back door and placed the CC behind the battery and gave it back... she said " OH DAYUUM BOI! WOOOOOOOHHHH! I CAN TELL!" uuhhhhh yeah! No snap.

Yup and yup. idk. should I give them a third chance to try out another storm?

Its funny how dedicated we blackberry fans are. No matter how bad it gets we will still go back for our 2nd and 3rd handset. You wouldn't see that dedication from an iphone owner ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbluemusic View Post
    Its funny how dedicated we blackberry fans are. No matter how bad it gets we will still go back for our 2nd and 3rd handset.
    2nd or 3rd... is that all?

Ahh that's nothing, I went back SIX times to get a Bold...

Now that's excitement!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast