Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I know a handful of people who says the Storm is garbage and what not. ... BlackBerry Storm forum

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D

People are saying bad things about the Storm!

Advertisement

I know a handful of people who says the Storm is garbage and what not. Those are the people that are unaware of the updates that are out and they swear they know everything. They think they know more then me, but little do they know I'm a member from PinStack. If you are a member from PinStack and you've been around for a while then the outside world can't tell you anything about Blackberry's. The only thing they know is to buy the device and it should work fully or they will return it. They don't know anything about updates that will improve the phone. Once these updates are out the phone will be up and running the way it should be.

Agree or disagree?

My cousin was going to get a Storm and people starting saying how bad it is. That's when I stepped in and said updates are out to help the phone function the way it should. Just bring it to me and I will handle the phone for her. She's taking my advice and will buy the Storm soon enough and will let me update it for her with the .83 that I downloaded.

Thanks for reading, just wanted to share that.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

hazardouz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31936c35
    Where'd u get .83 update???

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hazard... By forum rules we can't give you the link but google is a good search engine!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    I know a handful of people who says the Storm is garbage and what not. Those are the people that are unaware of the updates that are out and they swear they know everything. They think they know more then me, but little do they know I'm a member from PinStack. If you are a member from PinStack and you've been around for a while then the outside world can't tell you anything about Blackberry's. The only thing they know is to buy the device and it should work fully or they will return it. They don't know anything about updates that will improve the phone. Once these updates are out the phone will be up and running the way it should be.

Agree or disagree?

My cousin was going to get a Storm and people starting saying how bad it is. That's when I stepped in and said updates are out to help the phone function the way it should. Just bring it to me and I will handle the phone for her. She's taking my advice and will buy the Storm soon enough and will let me update it for her with the .83 that I downloaded.
    This is precisely my concern for RIM and the BlackBerry name and reputation.

Remember that the customers perception is their reality, right or wrong. And this is the problem that RIM faces. A problem that is not going to take them down, but a problem nonetheless. The customer should NOT have to be aware of updates, nor be bothered learning how to install them. The device should just work. It should not be "approved" by quality control, before it leaves until it works properly.

Now we here at PinStack are not your average customer. We have knowledge about the product and are enthusiasts. For those that are just beginning we are still here to learn because we want to. We should not have to come here because we "have to", due to a product that was shipped before being ready for public use. RIM used to have a trouble free reputation. Perfect? NO. But not as bad as the recent "Kit Phones" they are selling. And I'm not one to come down on RIM as anyone who has been reading here in the forums for any period of time knows. I'm one of RIM & PinStacks biggest advocates and very positive about the BlackBerry Smartphone.

However that said, I'm also going to speak the truth when it comes to my first hand knowledge and experience. This is a very disturbing trend, one that I have a big problem with. After all, how can a BlackBerry be clearly superior to the iPhone or other competitive brands if they don't even work properly when you buy one and bring it home?

I ask myself this question, What the heck is RIM thinking and when are they going to change that thinking, get their act together, and get back on track?

When are they going to resume selling phones without such major faults, or immediate needs for a complete OS update?

Why would I go out and by a top of the line BMW only to have to bring it home, open the hood and try to find out what's wrong?

No thank you.

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by hazardouz View Post
    Where'd u get .83 update???
    Search Google for it.
    -Josh

vangorder no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Unfortunately, the Stacks are becoming like the Volkswagen scene. All the Honda kids are coming over and ruining it (that's an analogy for the intellectually challenged).

I've come to keep my mouth shut when I see someone with a berry, or come across a conversation about them. You can see it by the posts on this board; everyone thinks they're right because they've had a pearl or a curve for 6 months on T-mobile, when the discussion is about GPS or Data on Verizon. Then they feel entitled to spread misinformation. It's extremely annoying.
    You have two ears, two eyes, and one mouth;
    therefore, listen and observe twice as often as you speak.

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    I know a handful of people who says the Storm is garbage and what not. Those are the people that are unaware of the updates that are out...Once these updates are out the phone will be up and running the way it should be.
    The only problem with this statement is that with the newer OSes RIM hasn't gotten it to a point where an update is straightforward and guaranteed to work with no chance of bricking your phone (temporarily, if you know what you're doing) or losing data. Neither of which is a concern a consumer should have to face.

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    This is precisely my concern for RIM and the BlackBerry name and reputation.

Remember that the customers perception is their reality, right or wrong. And this is the problem that RIM faces. A problem that is not going to take them down, but a problem nonetheless. The customer should NOT have to be aware of updates, nor be bothered learning how to install them. The device should just work. It should not be "approved" by quality control, before it leaves until it works properly.
    However that said, I'm also going to speak the truth when it comes to my first hand knowledge and experience. This is a very disturbing trend, one that I have a big problem with. After all, how can a BlackBerry be clearly superior to the iPhone or other competitive brands if they don't even work properly when you buy one and bring it home?

I ask myself this question, What the heck is RIM thinking and when are they going to change that thinking, get their act together, and get back on track?

When are they going to resume selling phones without such major faults, or immediate needs for a complete OS update?
    Couldn't agree with you more.

At times I wonder if they're going down the path Palm did.

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    Heavy, the problem arose when Verizon rushed this out the door. It should have came with at least .75. And no, .83 isn't perfect, but has the Storm on a good track to be the amazing device people imagined it to be. I do not agree that the Storm is garbage. And anyone who has used the most recent OS can and will tell you the same.

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraBear View Post
    Heavy, the problem arose when Verizon rushed this out the door. It should have came with at least .75. And no, .83 isn't perfect, but has the Storm on a good track to be the amazing device people imagined it to be. I do not agree that the Storm is garbage. And anyone who has used the most recent OS can and will tell you the same.
    I second this notion

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraBear View Post
    I do not agree that the Storm is garbage. And anyone who has used the most recent OS can and will tell you the same.
    This is so true. I have a friend that just did the OS upgrade yesterday and we met today. I had a chance to try it out and the difference, and improvements are amazing. The difference is night and day.

Cheers...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I definitely agree with KaraBear and Archer there is a world of differences between the "out of the box" storm experience and the one AFTER the upgrade to .83
    Btw Leonard im glad you were able to see it first hand.
    I definitely dont think the storm is garbage - I feel like ill just repeat what KaraBear siad but i agree with her, it should NOT have been sold with that OS.
    But those people either talk without having even used one ever or talk about the old storm (old OS).

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Yeah I fully agree with you guys! You guys make great points. Thanks for posting.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.110
    T-Mobile Pearl 8220 Flip - 4.6.0.174
    [heavycomponents3@aim.com]

Now a days the new name for "cell phone" is "Blackberry"!

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Well, a well put first post always generates good answers

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

I can agree with this even if it wasn't even the storm. Shouldn't have to constantly upgrade the OS to get a working phone you depend on daily.

I had to replace my 8100 2 times last year. The first replacement device wasn't even 6 hours old and had software issues out of the box (Yahoo Messenger crapped).

Fortunately I had backed up the previous 8100 and used that backup to get the new 8100 going again.

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Personally I think the storm is a sub par effort by rim that's just me but like I tell everyone give it a try Just Don't cancel your service at another provider until you give it some time you may regret it later ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast