Hello All. I couldn't find anything on this topic while searching so I'm asking directly: ... BlackBerry Storm forum

coldwell no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B32F4A

PDF from Media Card - BB Storm

Advertisement

Hello All.

I couldn't find anything on this topic while searching so I'm asking directly:

I use PennDOT Maps for work in rural areas - these are Dept. of Transportation maps that display the route numbers instead of street names. They are large PDF files, ranging from 500 KB to 1 MB.

I copied and pasted them onto my SD card using the USB cable. Anyways, I can find them on my device by exploring the media card. However - when I attempt to open them it displays this message:

"Unable to display file /Media Card/Blackberry/pictures/Map_Name.pdf"

It's frustrating because if I can get this to work I can eliminate the need to bring my laptop with me while out in the field.

Thanks in advance for any help!

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    look up BeamReader

i believe the beta4 is out so you can try it for free

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Do you have a pdf reader? The bb only reads pdf attachments natively. You need docs to go premium(trail and pay) or beam berry(free beta)~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

coldwell no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B32F4A
    Thanks for your answers.

I don't have a 3rd party reader, just the one that comes with the BB software.

My employer will not cover any expenses for software, so, I guess I'll try saving the PDFs as TIFFs.

Thanks again for your help!

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    try beamberry i works and its free for now(beta)
    Man In Black(berry)

rovermon no está en línea Stack level 1
    I don't know if this will work, But I started the 30 day prem doc-to-go trial version about 2 weeks ago. And this is what I've done to try to freez the apps abillty to track time / date from the device. If you go to advance settings, click on applications, look for "Docs to go" and "PDF to Go". highlight it, (one at a time of course) press your BB menu key and click on edit permissions. I selected Deny for Location Data, Internet, cross application comm, Device settings & application Management.
    Hopefully this will allow me to continue to use the prem version without paying. Or maybe Im just wasting my time. Software Engineersare paid well to keep the back door secure.

Any Thoughts from any of you Tech heads??

ReccaKun no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E08FB0
    let me know if this works if it does nice loop hole found there ^^...man i just want a free pdf viewer that i can use off of my memory stick. anyone have any suggestions? i'm using blackberry bold