Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

how do i find the file i just downloaded? i wasn't sure if i was ... BlackBerry Storm forum

6s1d9 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

how do i find the file i just downloaded? i wasn't sure if i was supposed to plug my storm in or let the set up wizard do its thing THEN plug my phone to my pc. either way i cant locate the .132 i just installed on my cpu

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    You should be able to start the app loader with the device plugged in and it should update still. Don't load anthing else at the same time and you should see it all in the add list.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    you have to install the os to your cpu first,then plug your berry to install the software to your phone. the os is located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader that is where you need to delete the vendor xml file. after that connect your berry and run your DM. it should pick up the upgrade,if not go back to that same folder and run the loader file in that folder. i always use that loader file instead of the DM so you can just do that first if you want. if you have previously installed any other device os for your storm(i suspect you haven't)delete that first.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    You most likely are running 4.7 right? So, before you do the upgrade you'll have to turn your internet connection off. The 4.7 i've been using keeps telling me that I don't have any new upgrades after I setup the file I download. That's been a problem since they released it. Unless they released the fix and I haven't heard about it.

I actually loaded it directly from the loader file. The DM failed me. So I'm running .132 and my only single complaint it it lags when I lock my phone. Other than that, I'm wondering if since I went to the "leaked" OS am I going to have difficulty going to an official verzion IF they ever release one? According to an above post in this forum it could be soon.

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    There won't be any problems. You'll just get the official and load it like normal. You won't have to delete the vendor file

Quote Originally Posted by getsugatensho View Post
    There won't be any problems. You'll just get the official and load it like normal. You won't have to delete the vendor file
    Hopefully I can just do the OPTIONS / WIRELESS UPGRADE. I mean, if its "official" you'd think that would be the simple option.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12