All of the sudden when I go into Opera, it causes my phone to lock ... BlackBerry Storm forum

z06mike no está en línea Stack level 2

Opera causing phone to lock up

Advertisement

All of the sudden when I go into Opera, it causes my phone to lock up and I have to pull the battery to get it to do anything. I've been using Opera for a while now and I love it. It is so much faster than the BB browser but I don't know what's going on with it right now. Has anyone else had this problem? Any fixes or bugs that I should know about?

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    I also u Opera a lot and never had that problem. Strange. Do u have the latest OS.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I use it religiously and never has it locked up my phone. I've been using it for over a year now. Best browser ever except for no copy/paste capability (url wise)
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

z06mike no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have the latest OS and I have never had any problems either which is why I find it strange that this is happening.

e-berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    i've been experiencing a lock up for the past few days now and it's really bugging me now. i open up opera mini and type something as the search for google or try to go to a web page... so usually the do you want to connect yes or no comes up but lately i freezes the whole screen before that even comes up. i'm not sure what is going on as it was working fine previously. it usually takes 2 minutes or more before it un-freezes. so i either wait it out or pull the battery. i'm getting frustrated with this.

update***

ok so i read this somewhere else (http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...zes-opera.html) ... not sure if this is a temp. fix but it worked for me just now...

Options, Security Options, Firewall. Enable the firewall and only that unless you want to block other stuff that is provided there WHICH i did not do.

once you open up opera mini and try to connect to a site a permissions window will show up asking if you want to allow or deny... there will be 2 options.
    1) do not ask for http
    2) do not ask for http://website.com or something along those lines..

i checked both of them and hit on ALLOW... now i'm good to go. now it doesn't ever ask to allow the connection, yes or no.. so i'm happier than ever.
    Last edited by e-berry; 06-06-2009 at 11:45 AM. Reason: temp. solution?
    --
    More than meets the eye.