Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Google Maps gets a GPS lock on my 9500 so looks like a carrier issue ... BlackBerry Storm forum

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

Advertisement

Google Maps gets a GPS lock on my 9500 so looks like a carrier issue to me.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

flyaway no está en línea Stack level 2
    So you can use BB maps on the 9530, and it will access GPS data (not triangulation) for free? I don't want VZ nav, but I don't want the reduced accuracy of triangulation either...

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by flyaway View Post
    So you can use BB maps on the 9530, and it will access GPS data (not triangulation) for free? I don't want VZ nav, but I don't want the reduced accuracy of triangulation either...
    google maps released a new version that uses the GPS in the storm navigate to m.google.com and download v 3.0.2 (when running google maps, make sure location is on in advanced options!) but yes bb maps works also!

Subarudude no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    who noze
    Yea I have to say, i tried using google maps yesterday in the Bronx and Manhattan, and there was no GPS fix for about 30 minutes, and even then it told me "your location within 300 meters" so...idk....seems kinda worthless next to bb maps
    Running the .132 OS with v3.5 Hybrid installed, working pretty nice!

TheMercuryMan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ADA6AB
    google maps works just fine for me on my 8900 with Tmo

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    I have GMM and BBmaps working fine and also WeatherBug, Verizon DOES NOT LOCK their devices anymore after 4.5 came out for the Curve and Pearl they stopped that. I dont even have VZ Navigator installed.

flyaway no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by rpol8052 View Post
    I have GMM and BBmaps working fine and also WeatherBug, Verizon DOES NOT LOCK their devices anymore after 4.5 came out for the Curve and Pearl they stopped that. I dont even have VZ Navigator installed.
    Seriously?? I think I'm going to go with a Curve instead of the Storm, so the GPS will not be locked on a Curve I buy today?

supamansimon no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304feb1f
    I have an unlocked storm with TMO and my VZ Nav works perfect just used it today..
    Shane "Swagg" Simon
    CEO/President
    Aiyam Entertainment
    "It's Got to be Bigger than Big"
    Shaneasimon@gmail.com
    Pin: 304FEB1F
    Myspace.com/xxmrmarvelousxx

usmcstang no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32aac660
    GMM Version 3.0.2 (If I remember correctly) now supports the GPS on Verizon Storms. Mine works flawlessly, and puts me to within 3 meters even inside my house.

Subarudude, were you in between large buildings? If so, that'll cause problems with just about any GPS...not just the storms.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Quote Originally Posted by supamansimon View Post
    I have an unlocked storm with TMO and my VZ Nav works perfect just used it today..
    I am confused here. How did you get VZNav to work on T-Mobile?

My tech has an unlocked Storm on T-Mobile and has no issues with Google or BBM using GPS.

Zo

Ajanthan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31F8F87A
    Google Maps works perfectly for me on my Voda 9500 unlocked on Fido. I get a reading within 3 meters.
    PIN: 31F8F87A
    BlackBerry 8330
    V.4.5.0.163 (Platform V.3.4.0.51)

Everyone, Please add me to BBM again! NEW phone and PIN! :)

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    BB maps connects to GPS rather fast, But Google maps will not connect.
    i even had a lock using BB maps, sent it to the background (still running) while holding a lock, turned on Google maps, still wouldnt get a lock on Google maps, as a matter of fact, turning google maps on Killed my lock on BB maps until i closed google maps

This is on a Telus Storm 9530 OS .109

RVZfans no está en línea Stack level 1

Storm GPS/Google Maps

The storm will use GPS on Google Maps, both in the street and satellite views. It has fairly good reception indoors (about the same as my Garmin Rino), I can walk from one side my home to the other and it tracks me 'room to room' in the satellite pictures. When I first activated it I had to go to 1) Options 2) advanced options and 3)GPS to turn on the GPS as the default position locater.

If the satellite signal can't reach the phone, like in a multi-story building or in tall trees it will switch back to cell tower triangulation like in the early version of Google maps. It's a great free application, thanks Google for the feature and a tip of the hat to Verizon for doing the right thing and unlocking the GPS feature.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12