Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I haven't heard much on this so let me throw in my two cents and ... BlackBerry Storm forum

bjenkins17 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2427d4b4

Oh crap..I need a touchscreen!!

Advertisement

I haven't heard much on this so let me throw in my two cents and get flamed afterwards. One of the best features I have ever used on the berry is the "shortcut". Now granted you can't hit a "key" now with the storm but it is a great feature on the qwerty berrys. Taking the bolds OS, tweaking it (making the track ball a button) while loosing this feature makes me wonder...

lets hurry.. not innovate.. and get this to market. Sound familiar? RIM is always seeming to react to the market while sucking every penny from the 5 billion year old OS they can. Think about it...

They dominate they message business for years then notice we might want to offer something to non business customers. Hurry, get it to market (makes business sense, but crappy browser,media..etc) I hope and pray they are also making something better while trying to play catch up.

Did anyone see the inside of this on some of the "take it a part blogs". WOW I mean this thing isn't going to last 6 months of normal wear and tear. That mechanical button connection will fail when lent and junk gets in between the cracks and crevices of this unit.

Heres hoping there is something else (and I know there will be) for me to drool over. I love blackberry, don't take this post wrong. I'm just getting sick of a good company that changed the way we work, and has milked every penny from something that was good at the time. Its going to be 2009 RIM, change the world again. You really need to...fast

Flame on

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    not a flame...just a rotflmao
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    2427d4b4
    This is the bolds OS with a big button.

If apple didn't change everything then RIM would have been plunking out qwerty until the end of time. They see where the market is going and instead of developing something new they made what they have work. They didn't have a choice, they sat back to long. Now they are facing some stiff competition. Now there will be some people who will never leave qwerty. But is a phone only company(rim) going to sit back and try and hold on to a more diversified competitor (apple). Lets see... maybe apple is joining you rolling on the floor and laughing. I just hate seeing this...

Overall smartphone market:
    1.Nokia
    2. Apple
    3. Rim

Business
    1. Rim
    2. Apple (and gaining)

If you think for one second that Apple won't have the copy/paste and other issues fixed by next year you really are kidding yourself. That thing has as much power as a nintendo ds (i heard maybe more) Its not that it can't do all the stuff people want, its the battery boys, the battery. You can jailbreak this thing and fill in the gaps that apple has turned off. They are there and they will be turned on sooner then we think. Lets all wait, like RIM, and find out.

Lets also not take on any debt, we will need the cash.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    man i'm lovin this storm

PIN/ID
    2427d4b4
    In the end. That's all that matters I guess.

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    My phones better than yours.... No it not! Mine is... Well can your phone do this... No but my phone is soooo pretty and yours is ugly....no its not my cause my phone is named after the better fruit....

WHO CARES!!!!!! ITS JUST A PHONE!!!! I like my berry you like your iphone. I am happy for you. Now go play mario kart. Becouse you will NEVER see a blackberry compared to a nintendo. Lmao ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerjoe View Post
    My phones better than yours.... No it not! Mine is... Well can your phone do this... No but my phone is soooo pretty and yours is ugly....no its not my cause my phone is named after the better fruit....

WHO CARES!!!!!! ITS JUST A PHONE!!!! I like my berry you like your iphone. I am happy for you. Now go play mario kart. Becouse you will NEVER see a blackberry compared to a nintendo. Lmao ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    lololololol
    maybe someone will come out with an app so i can shake my berry and figure out where to eat tonight!

PIN/ID
    2427d4b4
    Funny. You must be in rims r&d department. Narrow minded and full of themselves. Looking for the intelligent blackberry user here. Maybe one of the 73 percent left buying them in the business world. The whole issue isn't about the phone. I won't bother to explain. Can someone else add to the discussion.

By the way, I can't play mario cart on my 8310.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by bjenkins17 View Post
    Funny. You must be in rims r&d department.
    r&d/ you must be talking to gixxer.i'm way to dumb for that. i'm not fussin at ya just havin a little fun. peace out my BB friend

PIN/ID
    2427d4b4
    No problem. Just wanted to look at the big picture. I just feel like RIM is running down the same road as GM. Flawed business plan and not enough forward thinking. Doesn't it feel like that to you? Maybe I'm over doing it but I'm sick of them doing just enough. Thoughts?

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    I don't know enough about RIM to comment on their business practices, also i only really got into berries a few months ago after updating my 8100 with 4.5 OS. i truly grew a new love for the BB and has become somewhat of a fanatic. lol. However as a BB user i appreciate and understand the fact that we as BB users will not love every device that RIM releases or even hate a few (I HATE THE BOLD).
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Oh sir I can have a intelligent conversation about this topic. I choose not to. The debates are pointless both are good devices and have their highlights and downfalls. The point should not come down to what device is better than the other but what device fits better in your life for you. This will come down to what your uses and needs or wants in a device are. And my friend to say RIM has not been inovative with the touch screen is just false.

And no I do not work for rim. I am in the wireless industry though. If the iphone was offered through the carrier I sell for, I would gladly sell it to someone if it was a device that fit their needs. Blackberry is not for everyone nor is the iphone. Personaly for me the iphone does not suit my needs or wants. If it does for you good. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ask me
    And also RIMS bussiness plan is actully genius IMO~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2427d4b4
    I'm just tired of the same ole crackers. I understand if it ain't broke don't fix it but I truly feel they need something more. I'm just disappointed in the same os with a big button.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by bjenkins17 View Post
    I haven't heard much on this so let me throw in my two cents and get flamed afterwards. One of the best features I have ever used on the berry is the "shortcut". Now granted you can't hit a "key" now with the storm but it is a great feature on the qwerty berrys. Taking the bolds OS, tweaking it (making the track ball a button) while loosing this feature makes me wonder...

lets hurry.. not innovate.. and get this to market. Sound familiar? RIM is always seeming to react to the market while sucking every penny from the 5 billion year old OS they can. Think about it...

They dominate they message business for years then notice we might want to offer something to non business customers. Hurry, get it to market (makes business sense, but crappy browser,media..etc) I hope and pray they are also making something better while trying to play catch up.

Did anyone see the inside of this on some of the "take it a part blogs". WOW I mean this thing isn't going to last 6 months of normal wear and tear. That mechanical button connection will fail when lent and junk gets in between the cracks and crevices of this unit.

Heres hoping there is something else (and I know there will be) for me to drool over. I love blackberry, don't take this post wrong. I'm just getting sick of a good company that changed the way we work, and has milked every penny from something that was good at the time. Its going to be 2009 RIM, change the world again. You really need to...fast

Flame on
    Not gonna flame you but have to agree with everyone else here. Maybe the BlackBerry isn't the right device for you. Everyone isn't the same when it comes to mobile needs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast