OK---randomly my phone will vibrate or ping and there will be a flashing red light. ... BlackBerry Storm forum

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Notifications???

Advertisement

OK---randomly my phone will vibrate or ping and there will be a flashing red light. There are no messages ANYWHERE! I am running the latest beta for the 8330---anyone else? How did you stop/fix it?
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Do you have WeatherBug or any other weather software? Facebook? Any software that alerts you to new messages, etc.? Look in your profiles section for items that are not standard with the BB like MMS, SMS, Phone, Messages, etc., and it will probably tell you what is on your phone that is alerting you.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Are you sure you're not going crazy? Just kidding, what KalebsDad78 said. Any new applications lately? Also, check your profiles and see if anything new is there.

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4
    Also the gmail app can cause this if you have that installed and haven't marked new messages as read. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    No gmail app. Myspace and Facebook---but those will show an icon, no? Maybe they are the problem...i'll check them out. No weatherbug. will scour the phone again !LOL! Thanks!

Maybe I am just crazy!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

lsu4lif3 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    i would say the culprit is facebook...that was the reason i took facebook off my blackberry
    Never give up...you can always make a difference

PIN/ID
    but I LOVE facebook! I am creating ring tones for EVERYTHING that will say "facebook" and "myspace"...etc that way I know who is to blame!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    When you go into profiles and advanced and then edit your selected profile, do you have tones or vibrate set up on everything? Maybe check browser, tasks, calendar, MMS or something that you are not aware of in there? Just a thought

PIN/ID
    I GOT IT!!!!

Twitter was the darn culprit! I made special ring tones for EVERYTHING and totally forgot about Twitter. Heard some funky "dink"....and sure enough, TWITTER is the culpret! LOL!

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    I GOT IT!!!!

Twitter was the darn culprit! I made special ring tones for EVERYTHING and totally forgot about Twitter. Heard some funky "dink"....and sure enough, TWITTER is the culpret! LOL!
    Yea the same thing happened to me a few weeks ago, and i finally figured out it was twitter...
    -Josh

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Glad you got it figured out...
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE