Not Impressed by the Storm and that's my just my view on it. I stopped ... BlackBerry Storm forum

popo341 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    329249D2

Thumbs down Not Impressed

Advertisement

Not Impressed by the Storm and that's my just my view on it. I stopped into a local verizon store to check out what all the hype was about. Well I played with the storm and it just, well it just didn't do anything for me to say I need to have this phone. I played with the Bold and that is the phone to have! But that being said the Bold is with AT&T and I am not going there.
    I will say that Verizon did one heck of a job promoting this phone, but it's just not that great.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    thanks for your input
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

groovdafied no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    thanks for your input

vangorder no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by popo341 View Post
    I will say that Verizon did one heck of a job promoting this phone, but it's just not that great.
    Triplicately noted.

Different strokes for different folks.
    You have two ears, two eyes, and one mouth;
    therefore, listen and observe twice as often as you speak.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by vangorder View Post
    Triplicately noted.

Different strokes for different folks.
    Yep. The world turns on different opinions. Thanks for the input and good luck in your pursuit of the Bold.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You didn't really say why you didn't like it. You just said it wasn't for you. To me, that "review" says nothing. What didn't you like about it? Just curious as I'm one of those who are deciding whether to go Bold or enter the Storm. Thanks!

PIN/ID
    329249D2
    Slugginsh, very sluggish performance. I was getting the houglass qutie a bit and that was on the store models. Now I can understand the hourglass on ones personal device with all kinds of apps and such loaded but this was a display model. I tried typing on it and it wasn't as easy as they make it look on tv. The display looks great just like the bold. I think this phone does have potential but needs to be refined. Being a Curve owner I would have thought I could have picked up the storm and be comfortable with the Storm. I am very tech savy when it comes to phones and I didn't feel comfortable at all with this phone in my hand.
    The Bold in my hand felt like a dream but I won't switch to at&t. As one said different strokes for different folks.

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Opinions are like .....errrr..........Belly buttons.....everyone has a different one

LOL
    Last edited by ice44; 11-26-2008 at 11:38 AM.
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

PIN/ID
    329249D2
    And you had to point out that everyone has an opinion why?????? Ahhh hello I think we know this, at least I hope so. I was really looking at the Storm maybe even considering switching to Verizon so I could get it. I played into all of the hype in the TV ads and all of the Blackberry sites. I really got my hopes up and was very disappointed.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by ice44 View Post
    Opinions are like .....errrr..........Belly buttons.....everyone has a different one

LOL
    and some just plain stink
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by popo341 View Post
    And you had to point out that everyone has an opinion why?????? Ahhh hello I think we know this, at least I hope so. I was really looking at the Storm maybe even considering switching to Verizon so I could get it. I played into all of the hype in the TV ads and all of the Blackberry sites. I really got my hopes up and was very disappointed.

my point is...LET ME BREAK IT DOWN FOR YA

that everyone has and will have a different opinion then yours....with this said the decision to get something is up to you....dont get it because someone says its the best.....and dont NOT get it because someone says it's junk....do your homework....research it and take the PROS and CONS of the device and make your decision......

if you come to a public place and state "NOT IMPRESSED" then you are opening yourself and your topic up for other OPINIONS....thus the statment from me in my above post....u ask 100 people what they think of something and each one will give you a different opinion.....some will be like the others....but no two opinions will be the same....unless they allow for others to influence their opinion

i have a Bold and 50% of the people love it and the other 50% hate it....i for one love it...it serves it's purpose for me and i haven't had any problems with it and I am not going to give it up because others have bad opinions about it....
    Last edited by ice44; 11-27-2008 at 02:31 PM.
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

rmerck no está en línea Device Pro
    And you do realize that you stopping into the store to just play with a phone that has been handled by all kinds of users (gurus and retards) doesn't do any kind of justice to testing a phone. Who is to say that the phone hasn't been severely altered, many programs downloaded from the Application Download center, all running at the same time, lots of pictures of said retards etc.

Your 10 minute store test drive didn't give the device a fighting chance. Give it another shot, you'll love the phone!
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."
    Jesus, Luke 22:36

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
    Gen. John Pershing, U.S. Army

inc188 no está en línea Stack level 4
    thanks for you opinion... i am getting it not matter what,

cheers

PhxBlue no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    NO!
    I had the Bold for a bit. I couldnt get over how small the screen was. i didnt like the phone all that much.