Results 1 to 13 of 13

Hello, I am in France I have an unlocked Storm originaly locked on Vodaphone. When ... BlackBerry Storm forum

  1. #1
    JCC92's Avatar
    JCC92 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11

    No wap browser in storm Help

    Advertisement



    Hello,


    I am in France

    I have an unlocked Storm originaly locked on Vodaphone.

    When I insert a Vodafone sim everything is OK and I can acces web

    When I insert an Orange sim everything is OK except accessing to the web browser ico disapear and the icon browser does not work.

    Any idea or advice

    Thanks to All

  2. #2
    vince1's Avatar
    vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Posts
    3,676
    Have u tried options/advanced options/ Host Routing Table and press the menu key and select register.
    Do u have a data plan with the orange sim?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  3. #3
    bglawrence's Avatar
    bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    Posts
    312
    if your carrier isnt an official Storm carrier you will have to install generic browser service books. There is a thread on here as to how to do it under Storm on Tmobile, ATT, and other carriers. Once thats done you will be able to have the browser

  4. #4
    JCC92's Avatar
    JCC92 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1 View Post
    Have u tried options/advanced options/ Host Routing Table and press the menu key and select register.
    Do u have a data plan with the orange sim?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks for the answer

    Yes I try to resent the service books but no succes wap browser did not apear

    Yest I have a data plan with orange

    Any sugestion ?

    thanks

  5. #5
    dean0uga's Avatar
    dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    415

  6. #6
    JCC92's Avatar
    JCC92 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by bglawrence View Post
    if your carrier isnt an official Storm carrier you will have to install generic browser service books. There is a thread on here as to how to do it under Storm on Tmobile, ATT, and other carriers. Once thats done you will be able to have the browser
    Hello
    Thanks for your answwer
    can you tell me where is this thread ?

    Are you sure this will work for other carriers I see the thread for making all functioning on ATT but would it work with Orange as ther is no orange service book.zip.

    Of course I can try to folow the instruction and ask orange to resend wap service book.

    In fact in france it is the same as in the US between Verizon and ATT : Vodafone is the official carrier and orange do not distribute the storm.

    Any idea?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    3,806
    Ce que tu dois faire c'est trouver les "service books" pour Orange sur un autre forum ou en faire une copie depuis ton ancien blackberry.
    Ensuite suit les instructions du topic que tu as lu concernant ATT et s'a marchera de la meme facon

    A+
    ----
    Sorry for the change of language people i figured id be easier for him

  8. #8
    JCC92's Avatar
    JCC92 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Ce que tu dois faire c'est trouver les "service books" pour Orange sur un autre forum ou en faire une copie depuis ton ancien blackberry.
    Ensuite suit les instructions du topic que tu as lu concernant ATT et s'a marchera de la meme facon

    A+
    ----
    Sorry for the change of language people i figured id be easier for him
    Yes it is
    if I understand weel I will try to find orange service book from an other forum I don't now where!!

    Or to copy from my old blackberry curve 8310 the orange service book I dont know how!!

    Sorry about that I am a newbe but ready to learn

    I you can help me it will be great

    Thanks a lot any way

  9. #9
    JCC92's Avatar
    JCC92 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by JCC92 View Post
    Yes it is
    if I understand weel I will try to find orange service book from an other forum I don't now where!!

    Or to copy from my old blackberry curve 8310 the orange service book I dont know how!!

    Sorry about that I am a newbe but ready to learn

    I you can help me it will be great

    Thanks a lot any way

    A little UP

    Thanks

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    3,806
    Pourquoi tu reponds en anglais quand j'essaie de t'aider en francais lol ?
    Pour recuperer les services books de ton Curve de chez Orange, tu dois le brancher a ton ordi et lancer le Desktop Manager de Blackberry.

    Apres avoir fais sa, clique sur Backup/Restore, et quand sa te montre ce qu'il y a sur ton portable dans la colone de droite, cherche l'entree "service books" et recupere la sur ton ordi.

    Ensuite, branche ton Storm et fait la meme manip mais cette fois en allant de ton ordi vers ton portable ce qui va remplacer les services books du storm par ceux de l'ordi et donc ceux de ton curve.

    Ceci va donc transfer le navigateur web, tes emails etc...

    Voila !

  11. #11
    JCC92's Avatar
    JCC92 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11
    Ok merci de ton aide je vais essayer cela ce week end.

    J'ai répondu en anglais pour ne pas polluer le forum mais bon voila c'est fait.

    Merci encore milles fois.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    3,806
    Ya pas de soucis. J'espere que sa marchera .

  13. #13
    Gabezou's Avatar
    Gabezou no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1
    Ton problčme est dénoué?
    Je recontre le męme
    problčme, mais storm est
    mon premiere blackberry, je
    ne peux pas trouver le
    service books, oů je peux le
    télécharger.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •