Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Originally Posted by hazzmatte Ahh... WiFi - overrated!!! Maybe! Very debatable point. Here's mine. I ... BlackBerry Storm forum

jabbawabba no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by hazzmatte View Post
    Ahh... WiFi - overrated!!! Maybe! Very debatable point. Here's mine.

I have not been in a situation where WiFi was a must. WiFi gives no benefit to e mail or messaging. And if I am home I just go to the PC to surf. WiFi would make a huge difference if I were downloading songs from itunes but other then that, all my web pages load just fine. With Verizon, web pages load in a reasonable amount of time. I use my Storm for business and pleasure and having a new born MMS has been pricless!

Point taken.... Why can't they just include both in both phones??

jabbawabba no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by brettxw View Post
    I think RIM is putting the storm OS's before any other OS release just because of the issues and the expectations of the phone. It'd be interesting to see how the new curve is when its released with Tmobile
    I would agree with that. But I'm worried about Verizon. They add/subtract/tweak things for their own benefit and I'm afraid that will hold things up. For the 8830, every other carrier has OS 4.5 I think it is, but for some reason, VZ won't release it for that model. Lets hope its because their 3 software engineers are working on the Storm.

Rant/
    I don't get why I should be expected to delete features that a phone is supposed to have to make it run better... ie. visual voicemail and VZ Navigator. (I don't use either, but its a little funny when the reps tell me to delete those and the phone is ok)

I can't imagine any other business practice working that way. I can't tell my customers to pay a crap load for a widget and suggest that they throw half of it away to improve performance.

kobra no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20c87f02
    mine works fine too, have talklater running, went on a treat. i use it for allsorts. maps satnav facebook alsorts. sounds to me you got a dodgy handset

kobra

BradBlick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F1CE0
    The Storm will come around.. Its lag, crashing, locking, freezing... all of its bugs will be eliminated, you can bet that RIM nor Vzw want a product that they had huge plans for to just sit stagnent on the market bogged down with bugs and crap.

Anyway a Storm for $1100..? Where's this? I got mine for $199 I think.. $250 with upgrade -$50 rebate... I know you said without rebates and such but that leaves its retail at like $500?

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by BradBlick View Post
    Anyway a Storm for $1100..? Where's this? I got mine for $199 I think.. $250 with upgrade -$50 rebate... I know you said without rebates and such but that leaves its retail at like $500?
    Some places in Europe, Middle East, Asia. I have no reason to make it up.

500$ is still full price to you, however somewhat discounted by the carrier, because they most likely get it at a discounted price from the manufacturer. Because in the rest of the world $500 is nothing for phone of that range. Definitely too cheap for a smart phone.

Razors used to be $400-500 and I wouldn't even use those if they were free.
    Last edited by dubai_bb; 01-28-2009 at 05:37 PM.
    8900 Curve, IPHONE 3G, SAMSUNG JET, NOKIA E71, BOLD, STORM 9500

williamsj83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    305845BF
    Hey you remember what the Co-CEO bugs.... SHUT UP AND EXPECT THE BUGS FROM NOW ON........LOL

BradBlick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F1CE0

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by dubai_bb View Post
    Some places in Europe, Middle East, Asia. I have no reason to make it up.

500$ is still full price to you, however somewhat discounted by the carrier, because they most likely get it at a discounted price from the manufacturer. Because in the rest of the world $500 is nothing for phone of that range. Definitely too cheap for a smart phone.

Razors used to be $400-500 and I wouldn't even use those if they were free.

Oh no, I never questioned your honesty... was just unaware and had no idea that those situations even existed... I just figured the price was somewhat constant across the globe... hah guess that shows me.

And a RAZR for 4-500?!?! Thank god I've never had to deal with those prices.. thats outrageous!!

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by BradBlick View Post
    Oh no, I never questioned your honesty... was just unaware and had no idea that those situations even existed... I just figured the price was somewhat constant across the globe... hah guess that shows me.

And a RAZR for 4-500?!?! Thank god I've never had to deal with those prices.. thats outrageous!!
    Ya outrageous... i know.... you would be surprised. I had someone send me a Bold from Rogers in Canada when it first came out and it was $700. And that was a steal for me. Real bargain as sad as it is... cough cough....
    8900 Curve, IPHONE 3G, SAMSUNG JET, NOKIA E71, BOLD, STORM 9500

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234