Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by brettxw I'm not trying to put anyone down or start an arguement. ... BlackBerry Storm forum

HotCelica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Meh

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by brettxw View Post
    I'm not trying to put anyone down or start an arguement. The majority of the posts in this forum are from people who have negative things to say about the phone. I don't think I have read one post where people stated what they loved about the phone. No matter what happens, this phone is NEVER going to be perfect. Nor will any other phone. or anything in this life. (except pinstack :-p). And a lot of these questions that are asked can easily be answered if they took five minutes to just do a quick search for it. I've learned that after posting a few posts, I ended up finding the answer in previous threads. I should have looked before I posted.
    Actually I'm pretty sure I posted a thread not to long ago about how I love my storm

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by TMobileCSR View Post
    Actually I'm pretty sure I posted a thread not to long ago about how I love my storm
    Ha , yes you did. I actually thought about that while I was typing it.
    <-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
    BlackberryOS
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Blackberry Storm 9530

Blackberry Curve 8520
    Blackberry Curve 8320

HotCelica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    I have nothing bad to say about it. I was at a party earlier and people were asking how I typed on it and I told them, just like any other bb. Takes a lil while to get used to it but its a great phone~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by TMobileCSR View Post
    I have nothing bad to say about it. I was at a party earlier and people were asking how I typed on it and I told them, just like any other bb. Takes a lil while to get used to it but its a great phone~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    HAHA I so agree with you. I text a lot while Im driving wehich I could do SOOO easily on the curve ha but on the storm. Oh ya, forget typing while driving with the storm haha. Or if Im typing in a rush or in an argument with my brother on AIM on the storm..yup forget it. Mistakes ALL the time haha.
    BlackberryOS
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Blackberry Storm 9530

Blackberry Curve 8520
    Blackberry Curve 8320

hazzmatte no está en línea Stack level 2
    Strom is the best phone I ever had! MMS is great. Stick that in your iphone and smoke it!

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by BradBlick View Post
    Agreed. I feel a lot of your pain but we must be patient it took the iphone what 3 years to get where it is? The storm will come around and it won't be long im sure.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Now I'm no fan of the iphone, infact I like my STORM 100 TIMES more, but I saw someone else mention what you have said. I just want to know what huge leap has the iphone made since it first came out. Because I didnt notice anything really wrong with it, and definitiely not silly things like; serious lags, freezing or having to stick a business card between the battery and cover so you can type better.
    8900 Curve, IPHONE 3G, SAMSUNG JET, NOKIA E71, BOLD, STORM 9500

jabbawabba no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    i was hoping you were going to say something like vznav or viigo. i have all those you have loaded except trapter but i haven't heard anything bad about it. you might try deleting it and see if it helps anything. other than that ......patience my friend
    Patience is worthless with Verizon and RIM. I was told endlessly that there would be updates on the 8830 when I got it on its day of release. Since then, I think i've seen ONE maybe two in 2 years.

If we're lucky enough to have RIM release something, Verizon then has to F* with it to make sure it meets their standards. I currently have the Storm (or as my girlfriend calls it, the Freeze) and it is day 30. I'm headed back this afternoon to return to the 8830 and possibly the iPhone.

Also, I already have dust under the screen, and I use the holster, so its not in my pocket that much.

jabbawabba no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by hazzmatte View Post
    Strom is the best phone I ever had! MMS is great. Stick that in your iphone and smoke it!
    MMS?? I think Wi-Fi is more important. And don't say that we have the verizon network so you don't need wifi. No matter what, WiFi is faster, especially if you are in an area that doesn't get reception.

Yes, I have the storm. It could be great, but flat out isn't.

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    i was hoping you were going to say something like vznav or viigo. i have all those you have loaded except trapter but i haven't heard anything bad about it. you might try deleting it and see if it helps anything. other than that ......patience my friend
    Only apps I have are worldmate, and google maps. Barely use G maps.
    Normally I would agree with patience. And I do think the Storm is the best touch screen I have ever used.

However, that said when it comes to electronics ''you should'' get what you pay for. And recently BB's have been very over priced in the market. For some of you who get carrier rebates, its different but for others who end up having to fork over $900 for Bold, $1100 for a Storm, I think have a right to ask why doesnt it work out of the box. Why do I have to wait for an OS to come out and hopefully fix the bugs.
    As an example, when I see the iphone 3G selling in the store for $600, a bold for $900 and the Storm for $1100, no matter how much of a die hard BB fan I am, I will still question how can this be. Even if the Storm was a dream and had no problems what so ever!

*disclaimer- I still think the storm is the best touch screen I have used. Just in my experience wiht the Bold and now the Storm, it looks like RIM needs take some more time, or put more resources in perfecting the devices before they are released.
    8900 Curve, IPHONE 3G, SAMSUNG JET, NOKIA E71, BOLD, STORM 9500

jdk2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by dubai_bb View Post
    Only apps I have are worldmate, and google maps. Barely use G maps.
    Normally I would agree with patience. And I do think the Storm is the best touch screen I have ever used.

However, that said when it comes to electronics ''you should'' get what you pay for. And recently BB's have been very over priced in the market. For some of you who get carrier rebates, its different but for others who end up having to fork over $900 for Bold, $1100 for a Storm, I think have a right to ask why doesnt it work out of the box. Why do I have to wait for an OS to come out and hopefully fix the bugs.
    As an example, when I see the iphone 3G selling in the store for $600, a bold for $900 and the Storm for $1100, no matter how much of a die hard BB fan I am, I will still question how can this be. Even if the Storm was a dream and had no problems what so ever!

*disclaimer- I still think the storm is the best touch screen I have used. Just in my experience wiht the Bold and now the Storm, it looks like RIM needs take some more time, or put more resources in perfecting the devices before they are released.
    +1 ^ RIM appears to have replaced quality with quantity. Sell the maximum number of units and we'll figure out the problems later. I'll say this about the cost. It shouldn't matter whether there's a carrier rebate or not. Paying hard earned money for these two devices and finding that they both have major quality issues is no easy pill to swallow. If RIM doesn't soon return to releasing a quality product that's been thoroughly tested before release, they'll loose whatever customer base they gained with the Storm. Business customers want and need a quality product. They won't stand for anything less.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

SabySue no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up no real Storm issues yet for me..

Hey all...read your posts...
    I actually bought the iPhone 3G just over a week ago....played with it nonstop for that whole week. It's amazing sexy & sleek and fun..no doubt about it.
    But the camera sucked. Just sucked. Even apps sucked for the camera.
    And I found myself truly missing all the bazillion setting options the BB has.
    The apps I downloaded were "fun"...but other than Palingro...(VERY nice to have)..the rest were just fun but useless.
    I like my BB for it being so "useful"! Including the BB internet.
    Anyway...I took the iPhone back...and got the Storm.
    Yes..it's a new learning curve on it's own simply because I LOOOOVEED the iPhone's touchscreen NO pressy-press thing. Not to mention all the fun Apple graphics sort of stuff.
    BUT....it's so nice having the BB functionality back in my hands. And after 4 days of playing with the Storm...and installing some apps I like...overall it has worked fine.
    I have to agree...the lag time between some of the scroll options in photo, or choosing icons, etc...is a bit annoying. But to me it's better than the iPhones VERY frequent app or internet crashes throwing me back to the homescreen so darn much! Ugh!
    I was thinking that if I didn't like the Storm either....due to irritations...I'd go from my Pearl I had for 2 years and just get the curve and call it a day. Seriously.
    BUT...so far...I'm OK with the Storm. I would like to say I'm "in love" with it...but with the above notes...I would have to say faster response times to scrolling and overall processing (lag time issues) would help me say that. For now,....I'm really digging it tho! Won't trade back for the iPhone....kewl as it was.
    And in comparison...iTunes is certainly handy...but I really like the Desktop Manager better, too.
    Perfect Storm? No. Pretty nice unit....Yep.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by jabbawabba View Post
    Patience is worthless with Verizon and RIM. I was told endlessly that there would be updates on the 8830 when I got it on its day of release. Since then, I think i've seen ONE maybe two in 2 years.
    I think RIM is putting the storm OS's before any other OS release just because of the issues and the expectations of the phone. It'd be interesting to see how the new curve is when its released with Tmobile
    BlackberryOS
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Blackberry Storm 9530

Blackberry Curve 8520
    Blackberry Curve 8320

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by brettxw View Post
    I think RIM is putting the storm OS's before any other OS release just because of the issues and the expectations of the phone. It'd be interesting to see how the new curve is when its released with Tmobile
    well the Rogers 8900 is simply flawless (the defective battery units put aside) and so was the Bold.
    RIM and Rogers havent failed at a new BB launch yet. Im curious to see the Storm 9520 when its launched.

hazzmatte no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jabbawabba View Post
    MMS?? I think Wi-Fi is more important. And don't say that we have the verizon network so you don't need wifi. No matter what, WiFi is faster, especially if you are in an area that doesn't get reception.

Yes, I have the storm. It could be great, but flat out isn't.
    Ahh... WiFi - overrated!!! Maybe! Very debatable point. Here's mine.

I have not been in a situation where WiFi was a must. WiFi gives no benefit to e mail or messaging. And if I am home I just go to the PC to surf. WiFi would make a huge difference if I were downloading songs from itunes but other then that, all my web pages load just fine. With Verizon, web pages load in a reasonable amount of time. I use my Storm for business and pleasure and having a new born MMS has been pricless!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast