Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by RCode This Blackberry is the Windows Vista of BB's. I too completely ... BlackBerry Storm forum

hatch.duffy no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by RCode View Post
    This Blackberry is the Windows Vista of BB's.
    I too completely agree and also understand that you didn't mean to make this about Microsoft or anything else but you simply meant it as a metaphor not to be taken as seriously as some of the comments you have gotten about it.

Everyone knows what you mean by this metaphor some people just need to be contradictory in some way form or fashion I suppose. Maybe makes them feel better about themselves.

I think it's a great metaphor because you are exactly right. I love my storm and want to love it more but they just have to get it right.

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    I understand what youre saying, but its not exactly like anything RIM has done up until this point has been a HUGE leap beyond what they have previously built, just built upon it. Added to it, so my point is any first generation...
    And no, its not to be contridictory, its just ridiculous how people jump on band wagons and bash products that have been good to them in the past. VISTA, as some have already said is not something that needs to be constantly bashed and its quite annoying, the storm has been out for 2 months? Its not that unusable, maybe you should return it if youre having that many problems. Its just annoying the betrayal
    I dont see how this would make anyone feel better about themselves anyway? Point is, it is like any other one of a kind, revolutionary technology that is first release, so while I understand the metaphor, I think it was simply poking more fun at the stigma and bashing the storm & vista than anything else constructive, maybe that makes people feel better?
    Last edited by dean0uga; 01-16-2009 at 03:09 PM.

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    i do agree with amujahid.
    My 8800 worked perfect out of the box and never needed any upgrades, the same goes for my curve.
    However once the Bold came out it was a different ball game. Always a problem, for me and the other 10 people I know that had/have one..... and browser dont get me started on the browser. Everyday sitting around checking on here to see if there were upgrades available.
    Now with the storm I am ''happy'' ier'' but there is still a serious lag in the phone, especially during lock and unlock. And no I dont have lots of 3rd party apps installed or running. I only have WOrldmate and Google maps installed and I dont even rememebr the ast time I opened it.
    I actually try and hide my phone because everyone who sees it says ''oh.. the storm can i see'' but then the damn thing freezes.. hahaha.
    That said, of course its realistic to expect a few glitches here and there with new electronic devices. I am a freak and gadgets are my crack, but I really dont see the amount of glitched on anything else that I see on the latest released BB's (Bold & Storm). At the end of the day RIM should not be releasing a device like this until they are ready. Now I know some of you die hard's are going to come at me saying that yours works great, so it is ready but what we are saying is at the end of the day you dont find such a high percentage of faults with devices released by other manufacturers. Like I said when I had a Bold, not only did mine give me headache after headache, the same went for the more than 10 people that I knew that had one.
    Last edited by dubai_bb; 01-16-2009 at 03:47 PM.
    8900 Curve, IPHONE 3G, SAMSUNG JET, NOKIA E71, BOLD, STORM 9500

hatch.duffy no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by dubai_bb View Post
    At the end of the day RIM should not be releasing a devices like this until they are ready.
    Agreed. And don't get me wrong I'm not being disloyal to Blackberry. Don't let my stacker level fool ya I'm new to this site but not new to Blackberry at all. I am a complete crackberry addict. I think what some may view as betrayal is simply the blackberry user's way of admitting look, I wanted a blackberry, i wanted a touch screen, and the storm is the only option. And while it is truly a great phone, I think we as Blackberry users expected "something more." I'm not sure what, but just "something more." Now I'm not bashing my own storm. Personally I have the same one I had when it came out on Nov. 21 running .86 and it totally works fine. Any problems I have are normally attributed to user error (running too many apps at once, etc). There are things in the OS that are just going to happen. Like some people get the Media Card Inserted error when booting. Ok so....how bout just take the Media Card out and put it in after it boots? Easy fixes that are not a hassle at all, but the average non-addict user isn't going to want to do that. They are under the philosophy that it's just "supposed to work." And it's these users that I think RIM has shot themselves in the foot with by releasing the phone so early with the OS it was launched with. I'm just saying. I love the phone. I expected something more. And I hope there is more. Because seriously...the Palm Pre is looking like it's gonna kick a** when it comes out. The storm was supposed to be the iPhone killer. I still want to see it do that and I think it still can be the most awesome touchscreen device out there. But I think some of the "principle" has to go away and RIM needs to take some cues from some of these other devices. i.e. ahem...can we have the option to disable the surepress while we type! You know like for when my fingers start CRAMPING FROM ALL THE TYPING I DO! LOL. Love it for selecting menu items and urls and things of that nature though.

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Ok ok. Let me be blunt and I'll get hated for it but here goes...If you don't like your storm that much, don't b*tch about it all day, just go and return it. If you hated it that much you would have returned it already. Since you haven't, obviously you like it and want to keep it.
    <-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
    BlackberryOS
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Blackberry Storm 9530

Blackberry Curve 8520
    Blackberry Curve 8320

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by brettxw View Post
    Ok ok. Let me be blunt and I'll get hated for it but here goes...If you don't like your storm that much, don't b*tch about it all day, just go and return it. If you hated it that much you would have returned it already. Since you haven't, obviously you like it and want to keep it.
    No one can hate you for your comment, but it is irrelevant, fairly childish and just taking up room on the page.

If you dont like people bi***** and complaining, then maybe forums aren't for you.

Also, just because someone points out obvious flaws about something, it does not mean they hate it.
    8900 Curve, IPHONE 3G, SAMSUNG JET, NOKIA E71, BOLD, STORM 9500

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by dubai_bb View Post
    No one can hate you for your comment, but it is irrelevant, fairly childish and just taking up room on the page.

If you dont like people bi***** and complaining, then maybe forums aren't for you.

Also, just because someone points out obvious flaws about something, it does not mean they hate it.
    No I agree with you, it is childish but I mean really, every post lately is "when is the next official OS release" or "what I dont like about my storm". It just gets annoying reading a new thread every day with the same things that not only that person is experiencing, everyone is experiencing. Before making a thread, take some time to read past threads and 99.9% of the time, your question will be answered just by searching for it.
    BlackberryOS
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Blackberry Storm 9530

Blackberry Curve 8520
    Blackberry Curve 8320

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by hatch.duffy View Post
    Ok so....how bout just take the Media Card out and put it in after it boots? Easy fixes that are not a hassle at all, but the average non-addict user isn't going to want to do that.
    thats why these "leaks" havent been released... it does not do this on .75, which was the official released version, hence quality control.
    I agree with Brett, the forums arent necessarily for people to b**** and moan, they are to uncover problems and possibly get feedback/help from other stackers. Constructive criticism is welcome, and wanted, but what is a rant about how terrible the phone is going to do? speed up the process? Maybe why we all hate the fanboys is because they are loyal and look at the positives too much? JMO...

BradBlick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F1CE0
    Agreed. I feel a lot of your pain but we must be patient it took the iphone what 3 years to get where it is? The storm will come around and it won't be long im sure.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BradBlick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F1CE0
    First a solid build then a plazmic release maybe some improvements on the app store and well be like pigs in the mud! :-)
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Ask
    I'm not trying to put anyone down or start an arguement. The majority of the posts in this forum are from people who have negative things to say about the phone. I don't think I have read one post where people stated what they loved about the phone. No matter what happens, this phone is NEVER going to be perfect. Nor will any other phone. or anything in this life. (except pinstack :-p). And a lot of these questions that are asked can easily be answered if they took five minutes to just do a quick search for it. I've learned that after posting a few posts, I ended up finding the answer in previous threads. I should have looked before I posted.
    BlackberryOS
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Blackberry Storm 9530

Blackberry Curve 8520
    Blackberry Curve 8320

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Wow from the title I thought was actually a new OS. Funny there's barely even talk about a actual OS let alone a new one. What exactly is this thread about? I'm lost~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Safiy View Post
    Wow from the title I thought was actually a new OS. Funny there's barely even talk about a actual OS let alone a new one. What exactly is this thread about? I'm lost~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    haha. me complaining. haha. If there was a new OS release, i think it everyoneeeeee would know it on the front page.
    BlackberryOS
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Blackberry Storm 9530

Blackberry Curve 8520
    Blackberry Curve 8320

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Not complaining but the title of the thread IS "new storm os". A fact no doubt. BTW this(creating a thread) is how everybody finds out about stuff, so if this was about an actual new os eveeeryone WOULD know.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by Safiy; 01-16-2009 at 07:38 PM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Indeed, as Safiy said, whenever a new OS is released, you will find it on this thread :

http://forums.pinstack.com/f61/latest_official_os_storm_9500_9530_june-95902/

No need to create new threads asking about it.

Cheers,

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast