Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

When the heck is an "official" OS update going to be released?? Seriously, I am ... BlackBerry Storm forum

amujahid no está en línea Stack level 2

New Storm OS

Advertisement

When the heck is an "official" OS update going to be released?? Seriously, I am getting so sick of anticipating these little "leaked" updates, and each one, though slightly better than the last, still loaded with bugs. I love the storm, only for the sake that I'm a devout blackberry maniac, and it's touchscreen. I WANT to love this phone so much, but the OS is really trying my patience. Each time I load a new beta OS with the hopes that it will improve my phone's performance, I get let down. I am running .86 and it still takes me multiple tries to unlock my phone, still lags considerably when depressing the icons, still freezes on occasion. I know some people say their phone is flawless....I'm happy for you. But for those of us who spent money on this phone, and need a stable OS to run on, it's getting VERY frustrating now. VZW needs to hurry up and put out a solid build already. If they are making us wait this long, this OS update better make significant improvements to this phone if they want to maintain some sort of credibility with this phone. Like I said, I WANT to love it...but right now, I'm frustrated....

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    patience my friend...

on a serious note,what 3rd party apps do you have loaded?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

you tube app
    facebook
    google maps
    trapster
    gmail

PIN/ID
    wut?
    i was hoping you were going to say something like vznav or viigo. i have all those you have loaded except trapter but i haven't heard anything bad about it. you might try deleting it and see if it helps anything. other than that ......patience my friend

RCode no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F0A29
    I'm with you 100000% and for the others who say patience, or give it time... enough is enough... this is a product for people to buy in stores... no reason why it's a peice of crap. If they wanted to release a beta phone, they shouldn't have sold it to the market. There is even all this talk about the phone going to Rogers AT&T, why would there be talks about that when it hardly works properly on CDMA?

I can't say much about the applications, cause it is new. But they need t get on the ball with this phone. One thing that pisses me off is not being able to set my own background. Something so simple, yet we have to wait until they release this new software to create a theme.

All I can say is I'm glad this is a work phone and not my personal BB. I would have returned it a week after I bought it. I have all the same typical problems. I had my battery replaced under warranty and now get about 24-28 hours compared to the 14-16 I was getting before.

And for the people who say there phone is flawless, I think your definition of flawless is whack, cause I've yet to see one that works 100%.

*Edit* - Dont get me wrong, I love the technology, and love BB's, just not when they don't work every time I need them. This Blackberry is the Windows Vista of BB's.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    are you having trouble setting your background?

STORM = "Windows Vista of BB's" ROFLMAO!! Sooooooooooooo true!

I want to love this thing...really I do, but they are making is SO HARD. My 8830 worked 99.99% of the time, the way I needed it to. This phone isn't even close....but I sure want it to be. If VZW ever gets the BOLD, I would be eager to make that switch...unless they can get this phone up to par...but, we'll see I guess......

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    It is upsetting that your storm isnt working as you see fit. While there are minor problems with the phone still, overall, it does everything I need to and is a much more appeasing experience when it does work flawlessly - mind you, this isnt all the time! The only problems I still have are the vSOD, which I think I resolved now, as well as the lock/unlock problem which sometimes doesnt work(not as badly as before) and sometimes it leaves the screen white until you press it. I think the phone is great and as to the comment about how you hope VZW releases a new OS, youre correct, they are waiting until it shows significant improvements - they dont want to rush out half complete builds and shoot themselves in the foot its called quality control! I hope they come out with one soon too, we all do, and it will have significant improvements, maybe not from what we have, but from .75, yes

as to this:
    Quote Originally Posted by RCode View Post
    This Blackberry is the Windows Vista of BB's.
    thats just uncalled for honestly, what do the two have in common? The iPhone was shitty when it first came out too? And why do you have to bring microsoft into this, this is a bold, outlandish, and pretty much downright moronic thing to say; maybe they both do have some of the same problems, the users!
    Last edited by dean0uga; 01-16-2009 at 02:42 PM.

Look...I have been a VISTA user since it was BETA...I went through it's growing pains and for the last year my VISTA machine has worked flawlessly....so I know what it takes to be patient. The comparison of STORM to VISTA is appropriate and not as outlandish as you think. I am remaining patient with my STORM just as I did with VISTA. I just want to get around to loving my STORM the way I love my VISTA machine. I just need VZW to really come through this time. The rushed the release of this phone, the same way MS rushed the release of VISTA. so now it's up to VZ, NOT the users, to come through big time and make this phone as flawless as people expect it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by amujahid View Post
    Look...I have been a VISTA user since it was BETA...I went through it's growing pains and for the last year my VISTA machine has worked flawlessly....so I know what it takes to be patient. The comparison of STORM to VISTA is appropriate and not as outlandish as you think. I am remaining patient with my STORM just as I did with VISTA. I just want to get around to loving my STORM the way I love my VISTA machine. I just need VZW to really come through this time. The rushed the release of this phone, the same way MS rushed the release of VISTA. so now it's up to VZ, NOT the users, to come through big time and make this phone as flawless as people expect it to be.
    oh so then its like EVERY other OS or product that has been rushed out? Geez, maybe its the VIIGO???? or anything else, thats just a silly comparrison. So its like every product that is 1st generation? Got ya...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by amujahid View Post
    move to Win7 youll be gladly surprised i have the beta running via bootcamp on my MBP and its more stable then any windows official release out there be it XP or Vista

jdow2405 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30FE9E83
    I am so outta the loop or something. I don't get the windows vista trip. I have windows vista and love it, it's pretty aggressive and on top of things. as far as the storm os and bugs, i have never ever had any the problems except one time when i did last updat got 502 app error, but never again.Hmmmm, i just feel left out, not that i want a buggy phone, just have nothing to talk about since mine is fine is all. =)
    MrS.OfFiCeR

+1 to ranxoren

jdow2405 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30FE9E83
    Well put Ranxor, well put! =)
    MrS.OfFiCeR

Let's see.....when I got my 8830 when it was first released, it worked perfect. When my wife got her PEARL when it released, it worked perfect....when my father got his CURVE when it first released, it worked PERFECT.....so NO....I'm not comparing it to any other product....I am comparing it to the track record of RIM's devices....they lost some credibility with this phone....Just the same as VISTA....being a Microsoft junkie, I have always loved their products, and found them far superior, but when VISTA came out, I lost some respect for their product...the same as with RIM now....so my comparison, for me, is relative. I am sorry if you are having trouble comprehending....I just want RIM/VZW to hurry up and fix this thing before the STORM gets dragged through the mud more than it already has......

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast