My previous early Storm bricked last week. It had gone through every beta that was ... BlackBerry Storm forum

imstriker no está en línea Stack level 1

New Storm Far Better Than Old

Advertisement

My previous early Storm bricked last week. It had gone through every beta that was out and I still was not that happy with the phone.

I just got a warranty replacement at the end of the week. This phone is by far the best Storm I have used yet and it is good old .75. The accelerometer is snappy, the camera is fine, and I do not have to have business cards shoved in it to use a screen corner. It could just be my imagination, but I'm thrilled either way. I have absolutely no issues with this phone. I'm shocked that the camera takes a picture within about 5 seconds. My original phone on .75 was almost 30 seconds.

At any rate, could be fluke but this is the phone I thought I was getting the first time. The only difference I see (which may be irrelevant) is that this one is a Canada phone and the last one was Mexico. I can't tell you if any hardware is different other than the screen actually working on both ends which the old one never did.

random155 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had a phone I took back because of the screen issue, not clicking in corners. The new phone they gave me was great. I also run .75 and it doesnt seem bad at all. The screen is perfect, corner to corner. The camera takes pics within a few seconds. Mine were both made im mexico

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by imstriker View Post
    My previous early Storm bricked last week. It had gone through every beta that was out and I still was not that happy with the phone.

I just got a warranty replacement at the end of the week. This phone is by far the best Storm I have used yet and it is good old .75. The accelerometer is snappy, the camera is fine, and I do not have to have business cards shoved in it to use a screen corner. It could just be my imagination, but I'm thrilled either way. I have absolutely no issues with this phone. I'm shocked that the camera takes a picture within about 5 seconds. My original phone on .75 was almost 30 seconds.

At any rate, could be fluke but this is the phone I thought I was getting the first time. The only difference I see (which may be irrelevant) is that this one is a Canada phone and the last one was Mexico. I can't tell you if any hardware is different other than the screen actually working on both ends which the old one never did.

I'm not too sure whether it's all in my head or not... but I have found that all of my Canada made devices to be alot more reliable than the Mexico ones. (I swear I'm not just sayin' that cause I'm from Canada). Lol.

Congrats on your good Storm!
    I believe in paying for quality products!
    Support PinStack.com by getting a premium membership.
    Click HERE for your membership options

thymaster no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think there is a little quality issue in Mexico. It's like made in China toys. Haha. My Storm is from Canada and I've had no problems whatsoever. Up to now I still don't understand why some people storm freezes or reboot. Maybe I'm just plain lucky with phones since I have never warrantied a phone in 13 years since I owned my first cell phone. I don't even recall using a landline ever in my 13 years having a cell phone. I hope I don't have cancer. Hehe