Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by ranxoren I personally hate this argument and ill tell you why. -Because ... BlackBerry Storm forum

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    I personally hate this argument and ill tell you why.
    -Because Wifi is faster than 3G will ever be - as mobile internet speeds evolves, home internet and networking power does too.
    -Because some people need Wifi to be able to access their Work VPN while on work location.
    -Because some people do reach the "unlimited part" of the data plan by streaming video and radio a lot.
    -Because if you are overseas and want to get your emails yet not necessarily pay for Roaming Wifi comes in handy.
    -Because if you are in an out of network area like a cottage you will still get your emails and PINs.

I can go on and on...
    Good points;

Now, not all wifi networks are free!
    Not all wifi is faster: u can regulate speed from the router.
    Lots of companys ( in canada at least) will give u vpn-5$ a month
    Traveling over sea, I would bring a laptop anyways, and hotels give internet now almost a standard practice. .

I'm not arguing the fact just throwing it out there, I work for the phone company so I don't see a bill. I do what ever when ever. Lol went to Cuba over xmas and used my 8830 there, didn't have a extra cent to pay.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Leetneo View Post
    Good points;

Now, not all wifi networks are free!
    Not all wifi is faster: u can regulate speed from the router.
    Lots of companys ( in canada at least) will give u vpn-5$ a month
    Traveling over sea, I would bring a laptop anyways, and hotels give internet now almost a standard practice. .

I'm not arguing the fact just throwing it out there, I work for the phone company so I don't see a bill. I do what ever when ever. Lol went to Cuba over xmas and used my 8830 there, didn't have a extra cent to pay.
    Im talking about the consumer market

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    So this new storm coming from Rogers or whatever is going to have Wifi capabilities? wtf!!! Thats why I loved my curve 8320, cuz it was wifi capable. Best feature ever. I'd rather give up the GPS and have WIFI. Hell, both would be awesome! Why does Verizon have to suck so much and not have these features!!!!!!!

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    I personally hate this argument and ill tell you why.
    -Because Wifi is faster than 3G will ever be - as mobile internet speeds evolves, home internet and networking power does too.
    -Because some people need Wifi to be able to access their Work VPN while on work location.
    -Because some people do reach the "unlimited part" of the data plan by streaming video and radio a lot.
    -Because if you are overseas and want to get your emails yet not necessarily pay for Roaming Wifi comes in handy.
    -Because if you are in an out of network area like a cottage you will still get your emails and PINs.

I can go on and on...

Very good points Ran.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by brettxw View Post
    So this new storm coming from Rogers or whatever is going to have Wifi capabilities? wtf!!! Thats why I loved my curve 8320, cuz it was wifi capable. Best feature ever. I'd rather give up the GPS and have WIFI. Hell, both would be awesome! Why does Verizon have to suck so much and not have these features!!!!!!!
    The 9520 will have both.

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA
    My only issue will be the high price for unlocked. There are some ppl willing to trade their 9530 for my Bold.
    I really don't know is this is a good deal, knowing ATT is looking for 7.2mb 3G.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12