Just thought I would share. The medical app epocrates is now available for storm. This ... BlackBerry Storm forum

imafireman641 no está en línea Stack level 2

new medical app for storm

Advertisement

Just thought I would share. The medical app epocrates is now available for storm. This is a great application if you do any type of medical work where having info about medications and drug interactions is a must. I used this on my curve and pearl and find it very valuable in the field. I downloaded it this am and works flawlessly so far. It does take about 60 mins to download and you do have to create an acct. But it is free. FYI you phone is pretty much useless while downloading. Enjoy.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Interesting ap for the medical profession and students, and this is for other BB's and many smart phones too - it takes 9mb so you've got to want to have that info on your phone AND have a lot of free memory.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

i7100i no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304AD7D0
    Sweet!!! I was waiting for this to come out!! Downloading now....

...also, this program is really great for Rx lookups, etc., but it has NO EXIT. It runs all the time AND a reboot doesn't end it either! That's the weirdest thing I've seen in software!

It looks like the only way to end it is to delete it - talking with support now.

UPDATE: The support person said she'd report to the "engineers" tomorrow and email me back. I'll update post if I learn anything. Anyone else know an answer - I'm about to delete the program if not.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 01-25-2009 at 02:50 PM.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

manoffire21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bd08b8
    ok maybe im missing it but i dont think so....where is a link to this app?? and can i dl it ota or do i have to do it through dm?
    storm 9530
    PIN: 3051C125

Support said that since it has to do automatic updates it needs to run all the time. They said they'd condifer my suggestion to add an exit to the pgm. I deleted it. If you're a medical person or student maybe it's worth it. I'm not. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

imafireman641 no está en línea Stack level 2
    this app does run in background,however since i installed it , i have noticed no additional lag. I would say the best way to go about this would be to access this via the website .epocrates.com .set up an acct. the website is very easy to navigate. you can OTA or go through DM . i did OTA and like i said earlier ,it does take about 60 mins. to download and your phone is pretty much useless during this download.i think Epocrates did a great job making this work for the storm. everything so far works perfect.i haven't been able to say that about any other 3rd party app yet lol. this is a great app for all medical services from EMS to doctors and everything in between. good luck.

I didn't notice any lag in response, but the thing takes 9mb of memory. The least they could do is give the user the option to exit the pgm if you want to.
    Other than that it's a nice piece of software and their support is really great. They have a live chat if you want it. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by jblackfish; 01-29-2009 at 03:39 PM. Reason: correct amount of memory stated.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    are you a doc jb?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Nope. I'm just a curious consumer who likes cats.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Lol

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    nice
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Cats rule!