Okay I came from att there the different type of networks were GPRS GSM EDGE ... BlackBerry Storm forum

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8

network coverages on storm

Advertisement

Okay I came from att there the different type of networks were GPRS GSM EDGE and 3G now I got the storm and I get D 1X and 1XEV can someone translate so I know what network I'm on?

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    The 1XEV is 3G on Verizon the D and 1X is just like a plain digital signal.
    With that you can use the phone and send text messages. You might be able to get email or get on the web but it will be very slow.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Oh okay thanks so 1X is like edge and D is like GSM?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Glad you posted this because I am actually disappointed with verizons coverage in buildings!!!

PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Hmm I think there coverage blows att away any day!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jdk2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by brettxw View Post
    Glad you posted this because I am actually disappointed with verizons coverage in buildings!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksrussian View Post
    Hmm I think there coverage blows att away any day!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The signal strength and quality across carriers varies wildly in relation to your exact location.

e-berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    philadelphia, pa, usa here and i switched from tmobile to verizon and i'm so much happier with coverage. i get coverage in areas now that tmobile wasnt giving me, it's awesome. signal strength is usually 4-5 bars all the time.
    --
    More than meets the eye.

PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Yeah I'm thinking Verizon gives more in rural area... ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jdk2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by e-berry View Post
    philadelphia, pa, usa here and i switched from tmobile to verizon and i'm so much happier with coverage. i get coverage in areas now that tmobile wasnt giving me, it's awesome. signal strength is usually 4-5 bars all the time.
    I'm in the South Jersey suburbs and signal strength on AT&T and VZW are equally good. I've not had any issues with either one except the random network outage. Coverage appears to be the same for both and where signal strength is lacking, it does so for both. Head too far east on US30 and you'd see what I mean.

jwarnoc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305753FF
    Verizon has 3G in much of rural Indiana. The smaller cities, Marion, Kokomo, Warsaw, all are covered, and the Interstates have 3G. This is relatively new, with coverage outside the big cities coming in the last 3 years and continuing to expand. AT&T is mostly in the big (relatively) cities: Indianapolis, South Bend, etc.