Okay, here's the problem. This is a stock 9550 on the Verizon network and until ... BlackBerry Storm forum

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Need Help: No internet or email on 9550

Advertisement

Okay, here's the problem. This is a stock 9550 on the Verizon network and until yesterday, everything was fine. I downloaded and installe MobiPocket reader, it would not connect to its ebook store, their website said to delete the service book "IPPP for 5 click [IPPP]" so I did, and the bookstore worked. I decided I didn't like mobipocket reader and deleted it, restarted to finish the deletion, and undeleted the service book. Ever since, I can send email and BBMs but I receive nothing with data. I re-registered the device from the HRT, and tried to resend service books from the BIS. The registration message comes through but the service book notifications never show up on the phone. I have not tried a complete restore because I have a lot of 3rd party apps I don't want to pay for again. I don't know if that would work anyway :-/. Voice and SMS are working fine.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ... - suggest a full restore buddy, but before, do a complete backup, includíng third party applications, via DM.
    Once restored you'll probably have to re-register some applications, but that should be easy if you have the original reg. keys.If you haven't then the place you bought them from should provide you with them. Mobihand and others for instance keep a record of your purchases associated to your BB pin number.
    I did the same with Mobipocket reader on my 9700 and that Was the only solution that really worked.
    Barnes and Noble is still the best as far as eReaders are concerned.
    Good luck !

Got the stuff backed up... I'll lose a few I expect that I just bought through BB app world. :-( .... So do I need to do a FULL security wipe first? and then reinstall the whole OS? I'm using the current .320... it's what it came with. If I download the OS, will it recognize and re-install the save version?

Hey much thanks delfim!
    I did have to do the wipe, download and reload the OS... jump through about 40 hoops, but it worked, I'm back online with it! Thanks again!