Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My sentiments exactly. The Storm is a consumer device targeted at the iPhone space. Why ... BlackBerry Storm forum

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

My sentiments exactly. The Storm is a consumer device targeted at the iPhone space.

Why your thumbs would hurt is a mystery to me. It is a touch screen, how hard do you have to press?

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    The new typing experience is work in progress for me. When I first started entering info, I misspelled like crazy, but I'm getting the hang of it. You don't have to punch down the screen, but I'm not typing as fast as I was on the LG Dare, yet. I'm NOT giving up though.

The flip from portrait to landscape is really sensitive and I like it. My old LG Dare didn't always register that I was flipping it and a lot of times I was having to shake it to go in the direction I needed.

I had a Pearl and loved it, went to an LG Dare (of course it's not a smartphone) and I couldn't stand it. Now, I'm back with BB and I'm NOT going back. I like this phone.

Les
    Les no está en línea Stack level 3
    I believe the storm is a solid unit. With any technology there will be issue here and there but software upgrades fixes that. I have a Curve 8320 as well and it had issue from time to time. So back to the storm i got a day after the release. I like the phone but it was slow then seem to speed up for some reason. The touch screen is amazing this feature is a plus in my book. I text alot and it seems to work great! Thumbs not hurting at all. You do not have to press hard where your thumbs will hurt. The only thing I am concerned with is the battery life. I charged my phone fully and by the time i go to bed which is 11pm the battery is about dead. This is with little usage. A comparison to the curve the battery is better then the storm. I believe it is because of the standby button on the curve. Which I used alot. All In all the Storm is good just need more apps for it and some themes would be nice and a software upgrade to fix minor things..
    Last edited by Les; 11-25-2008 at 10:01 PM.

flyaway no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    I believe the storm is a solid unit. With any technology there will be issue here and there but software upgrades fixes that. I have a Curve 8320 as well and it had issue from time to time. So back to the storm i got a day after the release. I like the phone but it was slow then seem to speed up for some reason. The touch screen is amazing this feature is a plus in my book. I text alot and it seems to work great! Thumbs not hurting at all. You do not have to press hard where your thumbs will hurt. The only thing I am concerned with is the battery life. I charged my phone fully and by the time i go to bed which is 11pm the battery is about dead. This is with little usage. A comparison to the curve the battery is better then the storm. I believe it is because of the standby button on the curve. Which I used alot. All In all the Storm is good just need more apps for it and some themes would be nice and a software upgrade to fix minor things..
    You do know that the storm has a standby button too, right?

Les
    Where is that standby button or menu because i only seen the mute and the lock

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I am an IT Admin who relies on my BB all day long.

I think a lot of what we're seeing with the Storm is a lot of human nature. Not willing to accept a little change.

Take some time and learn it before giving up on it after only a day everyone, you'll be amazed.

flyaway no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    Where is that standby button or menu because i only seen the mute and the lock
    I guess I'm referring to the "lock" button, how is that different to the "standby" button? (I only had a curve for a few weeks before the storm)

dargewrd no está en línea Stack level 2
    Does any of you have lag typing in thus site on the browser I do and it sucks bold is faster in website typing
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Les
    Quote Originally Posted by flyaway View Post
    I guess I'm referring to the "lock" button, how is that different to the "standby" button? (I only had a curve for a few weeks before the storm)
    Standby turned of all power until u got a call or until you took it out of that mode power saving like a computer. Locking the unit protects from pocket calling people.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12