Well folks, here goes. I am moving this weekend and decided yesterday that I wouldn't ... BlackBerry Storm forum

baker954 no está en línea Stack level 2

My Storm unboxing and first impressions....

Advertisement

Well folks, here goes.

I am moving this weekend and decided yesterday that I wouldn't be able to move without my Storm. So I left to a store an hour away.....

BestBuy in Peoria, IL opened at 10am. I got there at 9am to an empty parking lot. I was like "WHOA!" I immediately secured my nice and warm Columbia coat, my Chocolate 3 I was exchanging, my smokes and a Gatorade.... and headed for the front door.

I was joined by a nice gentleman that said he frequents this forum, and an old lady. Then some more people get there, and I make it very clear to folks other than the nice guy that I'm first in line to get into the store, by body language and position.

The doors finally open up and I'm first in! Hooray, I thought to myself! Then I get stopped by the employees! CRAP. I had to have a return label put on the chocolate box. The nice guy behind me passes me up to the Mobile section. They tag my phone and I'm in power walk mode to get over there!

I get there and there are employees with Storms waiting. They have TWO.... that's it. TWO of them.

The nice guy (that I hope chimes into this thread), and some random hot female get there before me. The guy says "Well, he was in line before me, go ahead."
    VERY honorable! I love this guy and I don't even know him!!!

So as I'm there waiting for everything to get updated in Verizon's system, my phone is still in the box crying out for me to play with it. Then comes a Verizon rep into the store and he hands me his Storm and I play with that. Then the manager comes and hands me a bluetooth headset and said "here, this is free with the Storm". SWEET!

SUREPRESS = Outstanding! I returned my Dare because I almost wrecked the police car I was driving into a parked car trying to type on it. No feedback. I love surepress.

The screen is awesome and clear. Typing was outstanding on it, and I adapted almost instantly. THE SCREEN IS GLASS!

So finally I'm out of the store and on my way home. Gotta call the lady and tell her that I got it. She tells me "Good, get your *** home and help me pack up." haha Figures.

So I'm goin up I-74 playing. Even with the sun on the screen you can see it perfectly. I'm talking great. I get home and take everything else out of the box. Lots of international plugs, which I'll probably never use. Charger, headset, USB to Micro-USB (bummer) cable.

The phone didn't connect to Download Manager at first. XP recognized it and asked to "install the device" and since I had my Curve installed on here it found the drivers and then it connected to the PIN.

Now, here's some things that I've noticed about this phone.

When in browser, click not on a link, and it will zoom in for you. Sweet.

You can touch the screen to scroll and highlight, etc. Then you "press" the screem to click your mouse type deal. I like that too.

I installed WeatherBug direct. It's not touch-screen friendly, but it works. You need to place your finger on the screen and scroll around the screen like you have a trackball from a curve to move around to the setup wizard. No biggie.

Overall, first impressions. I heart it. Has a movie trailer pre-installed and when it plays it's awesome. Can only play videos in landscape mode.

Cons, applications. But that will come in time I'm sure. And themes too.

I tell you what, I'm satisfied though.

If anyone else wants to know more, lemme know and I'll go through the phone as much as possible. I've only had it home for an hour.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Thx for the review...when I get mine working, I will be next.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Cool, you should buy that old man a steak dinner @ da outback dawg, that was ballin that he let you go first, I hope someone dose that for him as well. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cabinets no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ok. I've been waiting on the Storm for some time now. As I have posted before, the Vodaphone reviews were pretty bad, but I wanted to see for myself.. I really like the idea of a touchscreen UI. Anyway, I just returned from Verizon, and wow! This thing is truly awful. It was incredibly unresponsive. Typing was sloooow. And you have to press very deliberately for a response. Too much so. Navigating around was unlike any bberry experience I have ever had. And the lagging was way way way too much. I am very disappointed. I really want a touchscreen Berry. I'll wait on future updates but I'm not holding my breath. RIM blew it big time imo.

DOOG9517 no está en línea Stack level 3
    What is the OS baker954?

mda24 no está en línea Stack level 1
    What happened to the hot female? Did she not get one?

pearl-8100 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245ac9c6
    Quote Originally Posted by cabinets View Post
    Ok. I've been waiting on the Storm for some time now. As I have posted before, the Vodaphone reviews were pretty bad, but I wanted to see for myself.. I really like the idea of a touchscreen UI. Anyway, I just returned from Verizon, and wow! This thing is truly awful. It was incredibly unresponsive. Typing was sloooow. And you have to press very deliberately for a response. Too much so. Navigating around was unlike any bberry experience I have ever had. And the lagging was way way way too much. I am very disappointed. I really want a touchscreen Berry. I'll wait on future updates but I'm not holding my breath. RIM blew it big time imo.
    I just came back from verizon and I didn't really like it either. Didn't impress me at all. Its way too hard to type and its too hard to navigate. I'm waitin for the javelin now

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by pearl-8100 View Post
    I just came back from verizon and I didn't really like it either. Didn't impress me at all. Its way too hard to type and its too hard to navigate. I'm waitin for the javelin now
    the typing is definately different. some will like it and some will not but the nav is far above any other BB in my opinion.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Congratulations on your new BB... Can't wait to play with one. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

groovdafied no está en línea Stack level 2
    I tried playing with the storm at a verizon store, and I'm very stoked about it, cause it worked FLAWLESSLY with my orb account.. OMG You don't know how excited I was when I saw my video stream wonderfully to my phone. It didn't look HD, but it was watchable and that's what counts in my book.

However typing on it was kinda a drag, but I'm reallly hoping that it was because a floor demo model with tons of people touch it pounding around on it. Is your touch screen sturdy? The one at verizon was kinda flimbsy

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    My os is 4.7. Still lovin it folks. And the hot girl got told she could “play” with mine. Aha must kidding.

Final verdict!;

I can live without to get something for my fiance and daughter. Thinking about maybe a new digital camera or the like.

So my Storm went into the For Sale section of the Stacks!

Sold it today to get myself outta the ringer from the wifelet.

I'm gonna miss it, HOWEVER, I'm sure I'll have one again someday. BTW, I almost wrecked the squad car trying to type on it over the weekend. Don't text while driving folks, especially when you have a Chief, Mayor, and City Council to answer to! hahaahha

I'm gonna pick up a Pearl Flip. I like 'em.