hello all, I just received my Storm 2 yesterday. Learning the touch screen will be ... BlackBerry Storm forum

justjpo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31612F1C

Msg icon

Advertisement

hello all, I just received my Storm 2 yesterday. Learning the touch screen will be a challenge! A msg icon shows and when I touch the Message icon it says there is one. I have gone through the entire list and have not found an unopened message in the list. Any thoughts on where to look or how to get the msg icon to disappear?

Thanks for any help!

dklimah no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Yes. If you hit the application key and select show all you see the "Messages" icon. It should be in there. Its the welcoming text. Let me know if that helps.
    Gyros anyone?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by dklimah View Post
    Yes. If you hit the application key and select show all you see the "Messages" icon. It should be in there. Its the welcoming text. Let me know if that helps.
    I think they mean they have an unread message notification icon even though all messages are read.

justjpo try going into messages/menu/view folder and go into all folders and mark all read, also try a battery pull. Sometimes those notifications get stuck. If marking read and a battery pull don't help, try switching themes...sometimes that makes it go away. Let us know if none of those suggestions work.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

justjpo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31612F1C
    Battery pull doesn't work, messages/menu/view folder- then there is no "All Folders" to mark, just each individual folder. I went through each folder and everything in each one has been read. The option to Mark All Read, doesn't come up as an option. There is only one theme on the Storm 2, nothing else to switch too... ?????

Thanks for the ideas! Got any more?

dklimah no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    do you have "Messages" and "SMS and MMS" icons?
    Gyros anyone?

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Sometimes only a wipe will get rid of a stuck message icon. Make sure you try all message folders, including BB Messanger, SMS, and MMS. If you do a wipe, make sure you do a backup with Desktop Manager first!