Hey All*, In the past 3 weeks, I have had to get three replacement phones ... BlackBerry Storm forum

joeyinpa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

moving from TMO to VW Storm

Advertisement

Hey All*,
    In the past 3 weeks, I have had to get three replacement phones from TMO. This last time they didn't even send the correct part.

After trying to get somewhere with the people dealing with it. I had no other alternative but to now switch from 8820 to the Storm!
    Is it me, or have others had probs with TMO?
    ANY Advice Appreciated!
    Joey*
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Honestly never had such problems with tmobile... Have been with them from jan 2001 all the way to may 2008... They've usually been pretty good with me...

Maybe just one of those rare cases...

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    When I was with them, I had nothing but good things to say about their customer service and phones, but who knows now? The only reason why I left was due to their lack of the kind of phones I was looking to buy.

richnere no está en línea Stack level 2
    Sorry to hear of your problems, I have been TMO now 4 years and have no bad things to report at all.

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Was it the company that does the replacement that screw up or tmo directly? Usually there really good a bout solving your problem I would call and complain and maybe you will get upgrade top a better deal or free minutes but I wouldn't go and change to VZ for the storm I would say test out the storm before you do the switch

PinkBerryGirl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304EE8BD
    I have my Curve with T-Mobile and my Storm with Verizon and I would have to say that the customer service that I've received from T-Mobile was superior to that at Verizon.
    Nathalie
    VZW BlackBerry Tour 9630 v4.7.1.53
    AT & TiPhone 3GS

T-Mobile BlackBerry Curve 8900
    http://twitter.com/PinkBerryGirl

PIN/ID
    Thanks All*,
    I wish I knew where/who the problems come from. At times if I called, they would do whatever they could to make me "happy". But, once I upgraded from the Pearl to the 8820, everything went Way South.

Within a week of the first 8820, the button on the back kept popping off, they sent another. Almost the same thing happened; this time the button was bent upward on one end. Then, again I call explain again, this time they sent out a replacement, but it was only the front of the phone! Not even where the prob was.
    I know it may sound trivial, but to pay over $450, plus extra shipping, $20.00 EACH time, ($60), all on top of the regular bill!
    I'm sorry, I am SO frustrated! My "partner" has VW; we called, found we could get their new Storm for only $199.
    Mind you, I am on Social Security. I tried calling TMO one more time, told them what happened, she looked into the notes and then said "what is it we can do for you, we already sent out the replacement, twice!".
    I called VW - and called it a day.
    Anyone?
    JoeyLee*

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Definately painful... Have you tried asking them to refund the shiiping? They might do that...

The best we stackers can do for you is give you our opinions and views...

One must choose from those and formulate their own opinon and do what satisfies their needs and makes them happy...

Good luck on your verizon experience...

lamoglinsgal no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had T-Mobile and always liked them until:

I ordered the Pearl flip and they sent out nine phones before I got the correct one

I ended my contract early and they are trying to charge me ETA's for four lines instead of the two I had.

PIN/ID
    I have still, another question; prior to my 8820 disasterS, I was using a Pearl. It's paid for and "mine". I want to give it to my nephew, but am getting totally confused as to qhether it"s "locked" or "unlocked". I have everything for it, extras, I can't see any reason why he would not be able to use it. Can anyone explain, in easier terms, the difference, and how to know?
    Thanks Y'all!
    JoeyLee*

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Simple definition of a "locked phone"

If you put in a different carrier's sim cars into it, it won't work.
    Eg. If you have a tmobile locked phone, at&t sim cards won't work (no calls allowed etc)

The 8820 is a gsm phone and is probably locked to the carrier you purchased it from. To test it, put a different carrier's sim in it and see if you are able to make / receive calls.

If you can, its unlocked, if you can't, its locked.

If its locked, you can have it unlocked using one of the many sites that provide unlocking service. They will simply require some information from you, will charge you between $15 and $50 depending on site and will send you an unlock code and instructions on how to punch it in.

Voila !!! The locked phone will now be unlocked...

Hope that makes sense...

PIN/ID
    Thanks, I'm not concerned with the 8820, as I an sending it back, ALL of it! Had enoug. But, the Pearl is what I bought and paid for before I decided to pay-to-upgrade to this and the ton of probs that came with it. It was way to early to upgrade w/ the "new every 2". That is what lead to me jumping over to "another".

The Pearl is perfecrtly fine for someone that needs it, that's the one I am trying to find out about.
    Joey*

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Everything I mentioned above applies to the pearl as well...

Since the pearl is a tmo phone, its prolly locked to tmo and won't work on a diff carrier... If joey is on tmo, he won't have any probs at all... If he's on at&t, he'll have to get it unlocked in the ways I described above...

If joey is on verizon an sprint, your tmo phone won't work because these are cdma carriers, they don't use sim cards...

Hope that helps...

hitdog042 no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you are still a TMO customer in good standing they will give you the unlock code for free.

EFresh no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ive had tmobile for awhile and never had any major issues......I have an unlocked storm working fine with tmobile.