Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone have a detailed layout of how to move a Verizon blackberry storm to ... BlackBerry Storm forum

PIN/ID
    3198998E

move VZ 9530 to other CDMA carrier

Advertisement

Does anyone have a detailed layout of how to move a Verizon blackberry storm to a local cdma network? I have the phone calls and texts working but I'm not getting my service books. Is there a step I'm missing? Any and all help is welcome.
    Last edited by metalroger; 02-13-2009 at 04:54 PM.

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Which network are we talking about? Do they offer blackberry service?via smartphone~

Ethan1006 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm Ethan and MetalRoger was asking for me. Thank you MR. cellular south. Yes, they support blackberry service. Both MR and I have BB pearls from them right now and I just out right bought a Storm and we have a friend on the inside of cellular south and this is as far as they and us could get. Just can't figure out how to get the service books on the Storm. Thank you for any help.

barbuser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pin Me
    Did you change your pin on your carrier BIS?

~via smartphone~

No. How would I change the pin on the carries BIS?

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Can your friends give you a generic service book.ipd? I believe its 3 browserconfig, 1 wappushconfig,2 WPTCP, and 2 WAP service books. There's a few posts with links for service books for att and tmo, maybe the creators of the thread can help you acquire cellular south service books. Ask Karabear
    Last edited by Safiy; 02-14-2009 at 09:36 PM.

PIN/ID
    3198998E
    Safiy, we've got everything working except the email and the messenger. He can call out receive calls, send and receive texts, browse the internet. The only thing left if to change the pin on the carrier site. Yesterday we locked it up because he forgot his account name. Tomorrow he's gonna do it again with the right one and get it working.~via smartphone~

PIN/ID
    3198998E
    An update to how to get the service books: what we did was he did a back up for the pearl before we did the device switch. When he plugged in the storm it switched the devices like normal. Except none of the info transfered, I don't know if that was right but it happened, so it switched the pin on the DM. We played with it for a few mins then thought about the back up he did. What's the worst that can happen, it won't work, that's been the case since Friday. So we plugged the storm back in and restored it with the back up form the pearl. Viola! Service books baby! Whoo ! We figured out what the reps couldn't. By pure dumb luck I should add. But it is all working except the bbm and the emails. We're hoping that tomorrow, when he puts in the right account name, that it will all come up and he'll have a functioning STORM on the CSouth network. And it'll be the first on the network too. ~via smartphone~

Update: we still were trying to get the storm to stop roaming on csouth because i can't get a good data signal. i updated the os without a vender hoping it would stop looking for a supsifac cell tower, didn't work. now i have lost about half my service books and all of my host routing table. tried putting them back on the same way we got them on the first time, no luck now. still can't hold a data signal to sent the service books from RIM. seems like one step forward and two back. i want to try unlocking the IMEI and see if that helps, if anyone knows where i can get my unlock code calculated for free that would be awesome. i've put alot into this and really don't want to spend that much more. i've tried calling VZ several time with the story i'm going outta states but they won't do it till i have had their service on it for sixty (60) days. this is getting to ne harder than i thought. thanks. btw VZ Global Center - 1-888-844-0395 for anyone who many need it. thanks again.

harrison17 no está en línea Stack level 1
    somebody has it working on alltel, there's a post on how to do it on howard forums. probably pretty similar. I don't think that the unlock code will help unless you're moving it to a GSM network, since CDMA networks don't use SIM cards, but i might be wrong

ok, stackers. the past two days have been really nerve racking for me. last night i went outta town with my storm, well being away from vz towers i got my service books and host routing tables back. registered them while i had a working network (1X). well, did some hard reading today. found that someone on alltel already has a storm working on a CDMA network other than vz. congrants, btw. well, i found we had to dial *22801. this activated and set my prl. now it says it's on vz network, no longer roaming, and i have a full voice and Evdo signal (1XEV). now my internet is back and still have my srevice books and host routing tables. got on line on the storm and logged into bis and resent my service books just to be safe. everything is working on the storm except bb messenger and my email. if anyone has any advice to get the bb messenger (pin messenger) and my bb email working again i would be very grateful. Thank you, harrison17 for the info on the alltel storm. thank you everyone for the help so far and we are almost there and we will have a full working storm on a local CDMA network and i and my friends will be posting a full guild on what we did and how we set the storm up off of vz and on a local CDMA network. thank you all again. ~~ Ethan

Ok. stackers. i got the Verizon Blackberry Storm 9530 working on Cellular South CDMA local company. everything works now. Took $535.00 and almost 3 weeks of research and trial and error but i did it. i want to thank Metalroger and Pmarshall for all their help and for the help they had. i don't know everyone they talked to but if you know who you are i thank you. I thank my wife for putting up with me during this time and letting me workmy late nights on the computer and my BB Storm to get to it working. it has been fun and i am so happy and releaved now. Thank you everyone for all your help input and incuragement. Please let me know what you think. Later ~~ Ethan

baker954 no está en línea Stack level 2
    where is the tutorial you said was gonna get posted
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

lat_05_69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Would like to know how to get the storm on Alltel??

Trongod no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by lat_05_69 View Post
    Would like to know how to get the storm on Alltel??
    I seen it somewhere, but I dont know where. I mean I dont remember if it was on this website or some other website, but there was a tutorial how to setup storm to work with alltel.

Plus you know that Alltel is Verizon right.

edit: Here's the guide how to make storm work on Alltel.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...alltel-118654/
    Last edited by Trongod; 03-02-2009 at 03:59 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast