I'm sure everyone's in the same predicament I am... you have a LOT of Mini ... BlackBerry Storm forum

skelzer no está en línea Stack level 3

Mini to Micro USB adapter works for charge AND sync

Advertisement

I'm sure everyone's in the same predicament I am... you have a LOT of Mini USB accessories (car charger, charge/sync cable, etc) that won't work with the Storm's smaller Micro USB port.

Here's a $2 fix...

Although you won't find this spec anywhere online, I can confirm that the adapter works for charging AND syncing the Storm (including via accessory cradle). I picked up 3x for under $10 and didn't have to replace a single cable/charger. Plus, considering me lady is still on a Pearl 8130, this adapter saves us the trouble of unplugging the USB cable each time she syncs... instead just pop the adapter on/off.

You should be able to find multiple vendors with this in stock (Amazon has a few), search for:

Motorola SKN6252

Cheers.
    -s

dj_chiro no está en línea Stack level 2
    nice find. I wont have to buy cables for the office!

jd885 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Really nice find
    ~via HTC Touch Pro (wap.pinstack.com)~

white2003 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Nice find!! I just sent that to my coworker that got a storm.

Has there been an explanation why they changed the connector? Charges faster or faster transfer? It doesn't seem like it would save any more space and just cause a hassle to have to get all new cables or a adapter.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Guess 1 would be so we spend more, guess 2 would be its faster. My storm charges crazy fast ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Quote Originally Posted by white2003 View Post

Has there been an explanation why they changed the connector? Charges faster or faster transfer? It doesn't seem like it would save any more space and just cause a hassle to have to get all new cables or a adapter.
    It is going to be the new standard for cell phones around the world. If you take a look in the stores you will now find Nokia, Motorola, Sanyo, and Samsung models using that connector to plug into the computer. In most cases (Nokia being the exception) they are also charging the phones there as well. What it will come down to is having to buy one cable to charge your phone and your BT Headset along with being able to sync your phone. Not sure how long this standard will be in place before they all decide to change it again but it is nice seeing them come out with something they were all able to agree on.

Zo

wyy183 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA616
    I'd already been checking these out as I'm anticipating getting an 8900 (when and if they show up for TMO in the US!!!)

I kinda got to looking around at my mini USB collection of cables and chargers: 1 in my car, two at work (have co-workers w/BB or Moto who never seem to be able to find their chargers,) two with my laptop, 1 on my desktop computer at home, another that I carry in a small bag with my iPod and accessories (can always plug in to the iPod USB charging base...,) plus I have three different USB hard drives that use the mini USB cable. I also have two standard BB wall chargers plugged in at home.

Simply put, I want to be able to charge whenever and where ever I'm at!

Maybe I'll just get a couple of the adapter things listed above and then wait for the micro's to drop down to a few bucks each - then I'll stock up!!

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    I thought I heard about a std connector. About time
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

poncespr no está en línea Stack level 1
    Afaik it has nothing to do with speed. Manufacturers are trying to get a unified standard for connectors on cell phones.
    I cannot post links so here is a quote form Cnet that you can Google.

From CNET:

"On Monday, the Open Mobile Terminal Platform (OMTP) forum dominated by operators but including manufacturers such as Nokia, Samsung, Motorola, Sony Ericsson and LG--announced that its members had agreed on Micro-USB as the future common connector. "

Quote Originally Posted by white2003 View Post