I have read on here that Canada made phones seem to be working better than ... BlackBerry Storm forum

imafireman641 no está en línea Stack level 2

mexico or canada

Advertisement

I have read on here that Canada made phones seem to be working better than phones made in Mexico. My question is how can you tell where it was made? I have searched through my phone unable to locate anything that specifies. Thanks.

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Take the battery out and it's located on the white sticker, bottom right corner.

jwarnoc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305753FF
    It's also on the sticker printed on the box, or at least mine is. For the record, mine is from Mexico, and I've had no problems with build quality.

taeisme no está en línea Stack level 4
    mine was made in Mexico and my Storm has been good to me....

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    mine from mexico to and i have had no problem at all... two people get together and say my phone doesnt work says the first one, mine either says the second. where is yours made says the first, mexico says the second. mine too, i guess phones from mexico suck.... ok lets spread the word!.... thats how stuff like this get started. dont be a follower. they are computers.... there will be lemons and plenty of them... just like all GM vechicles... haha jk

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Mine's from up North...eh

Ajanthan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31F8F87A
    Mine is made in canada, running .106 beta with no problems. Never really did have any problems with it to be honest other than Nav4All.
    PIN: 31F8F87A
    BlackBerry 8330
    V.4.5.0.163 (Platform V.3.4.0.51)

Everyone, Please add me to BBM again! NEW phone and PIN! :)

imafireman641 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks for all the quick responses.I am about to activate my 4th storm since the day it came out. I do not know where my 1st phone was made, but it was a piece of junk.The 2nd one I actually still have/use because the 3rd one they sent me was worse than the 2nd and now I just recieved my 4th yesterday.This one vz just sent me is made in Canada and the other 2 were Mexico,so Im actually hoping that it will be better.I love this phone and I want it to be what is sopposed to be,but my patience is wearing very thin.I am going to attempt to install a beta os for the first time and see what happens from that . we shall see..... thanks again all.

db4life777 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengirl75 View Post
    Mine's from up North...eh
    Ditto. This is my third storm. My first two were from mexico. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The first two got dust under the screen.

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM
    My first two were Mexico. 1ST has screen press problems.. 2ND Dust under the screen. On Wednesday, Im going to ask to give me MADE IN CANADA.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by db4life777 View Post
    Ditto. This is my third storm. My first two were from mexico. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The first two got dust under the screen.
    It is no doubt with the space around the edge of the screen that they get dust under them. Whether made in Mexico or Canada that's going to happen.

The workmanship can only possibly be as good as the engineering that went into the design.

I personally think they should have put a rubber boot around the edge of the screen up to the frame.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    I find that my Best Skins Ever LCD protection tends to catch any dust that tries to go into the cracks. And my Storm was built in Mexico as well and no problems as of yet.

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had read the same thing, but my javelin is made in mexico and its the most solid BB I have owned.Dont forget Hungary.... There are also bb's manufactured in Hungary.

my 8800 and 8300 were manufactured in Hungary
    Bold in Canada.
    Storm 9500 in Hungary
    and 8900 in Mexico.
    8900 Curve, IPHONE 3G, SAMSUNG JET, NOKIA E71, BOLD, STORM 9500