How do so many people have phones that have 45-48mb of free application memory? I ... BlackBerry Storm forum

z06mike no está en línea Stack level 2

Memory Leak???

Advertisement

How do so many people have phones that have 45-48mb of free application memory?
    I have a very bad memory leak problem. For instance this morning I used QP to reset the phone and had around 20mb and now I'm at 1-2mb. WTF??? Is there something I can do to stop this? What is going on?

Also, I do notice that the phone does get slower and I see the little "clock" waiting while the phone is working more than normal.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    What device and OS are you running? It might be due to a lot of apps running in the background, auto-updating themselves, like Facebook, MySpace, Viigo, etc. Either turn that off, or increase the update frequency.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Im running .148 on a 9530. I don't have any of those apps. I have poynt, a couple of messengers and a few others.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Messenger apps that constantly listen for a new message can do that too. Making sure to close or exit any app, rather then hitting the end key will help a lot with memory. It could also be a software error and a re-install or upgrade of the OS may help with that.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    How to upgrade your OS

All of my messenger programs are completely closed.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Then I would either reinstall the OS, or upgrade it. That should solve any software issues.
    How to upgrade your OS

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    There may be one more thing you should check.....I agree that you most likely have apps running in the background.....there are at least 4 that need to be running: Call Log, Browser, Home Screen and Messages. Anything more than these will have an additional impact on memory, battery and processor speed. To see what is running.....depress alt and backspace keys at same time.....you should see all apps that are running. While keeping the alt key depressed.....scroll over to an app you want to close.....then release the alt key. Now depress the BB key and exit the program. Programs running in the background has a negative impact on my BB (battery life, processor speed and memory) and I need to do this a couple times a day.
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT