So when I go to DM and click "media", I get three options (from left ... BlackBerry Storm forum

flyaway no está en línea Stack level 2

Media Manager

Advertisement

So when I go to DM and click "media", I get three options (from left to right)
    - V Cast Music with Rhapsody
    - Media Manager
    - Blackberry Media Sync

However the middle one (media manager) is greyed out so I can't select it.

Any ideas??

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    You need to download DM with media it sounds like you just downloaded the version without it.

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    You need to download DM with media it sounds like you just downloaded the version without it.
    I installed DM from the disk that came with my storm, do I need to download something else?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    You can go here and download and install the newest Desktop Manager make sure you select the download with media.

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    You can go here and download and install the newest Desktop Manager make sure you select the download with media.
    thanks I'll try that, why wouldn't media manager be on the CD? Or did I screw up and not select that option at install??

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by flyaway View Post
    thanks I'll try that, why wouldn't media manager be on the CD? Or did I screw up and not select that option at install??
    You probably didn't chose the option.

Very diplomatic... I left the door wide open for you to say that I screwed up...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    LOL!!! I've screwed up enough I try not to rub it in when others do. Did doing that work for you?

I actually haven't had a chance to try it yet... I'll try it in the morning and let you know... Thanks again

I went to the website to download the desktop manager software again, but I couldn't believe all the information they wanted. Seriously, everything - name, address, phone, email, medical history... OK, no medical history, but you get my drift... So I put the CD in the computer and it gave me 3 options - modify the software, repair the software or remove the softare. I clicked modify the software and what do ya know, it gave me an option to install media manager. Apparently I missed that option during the original installation. It froze up on me during install (which was odd, never had a program fail during install like that) so I clicked cancel, however that seemed to actually get it going again! It seems to have installed correctly now. Thanks again.